Thaksin, Yingluck in Vegas flogging hi-tech DNA gadget

webfact

On 1/9/2020 at 3:50 PM, TopDeadSenter said:

Looks like a repackaged golf ball finder. They did well with them in the past. One novelty machine can find golf balls, sniff for drugs, detect explosives and now analyze DNA. Amazing.

You know that Thai civilian governments have little say in purchases of military hardware right?

I have highlighted names in bold to give you a clue who were the most likely beneficiaries.

Thailand’s technology ministry had found in 2010 that the devices had a successful detection rate of only 20 percent. Nevertheless, then-army commander Gen. Anupong Paochindathe interior minister in the current military government — denied any corruption and lauded the device’s various “successes.” Thailand had bought more than 700 of the detectors starting in 2004 at a total cost of about $21 million.

The current defense minister, Prawit Wongsuwan, defended the military’s handling of the affair Thursday, telling reporters the devices had been tested and found working at the time of purchase, so there had been no wrongdoing by the military.

https://apnews.com/a4d893c1e2e64942a4200a5cb0a77586/Thai-businessman-convicted-of-selling-fake-bomb-detectors

Edited by Yadon Toploy

22 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

The UK Home Office, whichever government is in power has become a joke.

At least the FA recognize an undesirable crook when they see one!

The joke was on people, like your good self, that thought a military government with martial law would be better for the country and less corrupt than an elected administration. 

22 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

Money and the correct political contacts.

Are you suggesting the US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) or United States Department of Homeland Security (DHS) were complicit in corruption to allow Thaksin and his sister visas to the US?

• Like 1

On 1/9/2020 at 2:44 PM, CharlieH said:

With all the money they siphoned off, you would think they would have better things to do. Fugitives posing for the cameras ? 

I see a career ahead, promoting the Popeill Pocket Fisherman. Man I'm really showing my age.

On 1/11/2020 at 8:21 AM, LazySlipper said:

I sell glasses to the blind and refrigerators to the Eskimos. DO you need any of the two?

Can't debate taste... but geez yours is lacking considering the amount of real Thai beauties walking around...

You obviously don't live near me then, They're all fat and ugly where I am (most of them over 18 anyway). I wouldn't go anywhere near 90% of them...

5 minutes ago, ParkerN said:

You obviously don't live near me then, They're all fat and ugly where I am (most of them over 18 anyway). I wouldn't go anywhere near 90% of them...

And all of them including the non fat ones are  probably eternally grateful for that

17 hours ago, ParkerN said:

lol... wjo ever said Thai women are beautiful... I agree with you same here where I live for the most part. I got lucky my wife is 30 something and still slim and beautiful.

But when they are hot... they ard hot. Problem with Thai wo.en is they look down on falang cos they think they are god'd gift to men.

But yingluck still remains a mashed potato jaw faced duck with a fat <deleted>. No matter how you slice it.

2 minutes ago, LazySlipper said:

lol... wjo ever said Thai women are beautiful... I agree with you same here where I live for the most part. I got lucky my wife is 30 something and still slim and beautiful.

But when they are hot... they ard hot. Problem with Thai wo.en is they look down on falang cos they think they are god'd gift to men.

But yingluck still remains a mashed potato jaw faced duck with a fat <deleted>. No matter how you slice it.

And you are a close resemblence to Chris Hemsworth ?With a tight body?

1 minute ago, LazySlipper said:

Yes... as a matter of fact I am. Don't be jealous... I won't embarrass you at a bar if you're trying to pick up...

Lol , that will never happen, maybe in your universe, but not in mine I am pleased to say

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, RJRS1301 said:

Lol , that will never happen, maybe in your universe, but not in mine I am pleased to say

Now now... don't get frustrated. You started it and what's ghe problem now? 

Did I hurt your feelings?

Want a band aid for the booboo baby boy?

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, RJRS1301 said:

And all of them including the non fat ones are  probably eternally grateful for that

May very well be. But since it is untested and is likely to remain untested, your comment can be written off as verbal diarrhoea Which can just be added to the TV store, which is already copious.