Departure Tax

Norrad

I read, a few months ago, that the departure tax you pay at the airport was going to be added to your ticket. Are they doing this yet? Or do you still have to pay it seperately, before you get to immigration?

I read, a few months ago, that the departure tax you pay at the airport was going to be added to your ticket. Are they doing this yet? Or do you still have to pay it seperately, before you get to immigration?

The departure tax should now be included in the price of your ticket.

If you purchased your ticket after 1st February 2007 the departure tax should be included in your ticket price.

I paid on the way out, prob because of how early I booked my ticket. I expect not to do that next time.

You must have been unlucky brit.

I purchased our return tickets in January in the UK and they did not include the departure tax.

We left last Tuesday and I was not asked for any tax and I could not see where to pay it. i.e. no booth.

I paid on the way out, prob because of how early I booked my ticket. I expect not to do that next time.

You must have been unlucky brit.

I purchased our return tickets in January in the UK and they did not include the departure tax.

We left last Tuesday and I was not asked for any tax and I could not see where to pay it. i.e. no booth.

When I checked in for my flight - checkin lady called someone up on the phone and they came over collected the 700bht and put the usual paperwork in my passport.

Brit, when I left LOS 3 weeks ago I asked at the booth and the lady shook her head and said 'no pay'.

Booked the flight in November and was there 3 mths.

As said previously..... you must have been unlucky :o

edited

Edited by duratanium

flew with thai and airport tax was already included in ticket. plus there is no booth to pay the departure tax anymore.

i guess its easier to add the extra 200baht to the ticket rather than make people pay it out of their pocket on the spot....as that would make us feel more whingy about the increase. well atleast for me thats how it works......

very sneaky move....sneaky but gotta admit smart of them :o