Sirikit (Sattahip) hospital IOL procedure?

PMK

Does anyone know if they do it, also Yag capsulotomy. I'm not looking for opinions on that hospital in general or recommendations for others for these procedures. Only if anyone knows if they do these, or have personal experience in having either done there. Thank you. 

I do not know but am doubtful they have the equipment. 

You can get this done at very reasonable cost at

METTA INTERNATIONAL EYE CENTER

Bangkok Mediplex Building
Sukhumvit 42 Road, Prakanong Klongtei,
Bangkok , Thailand 10250

Phone Number
(66) 02 712-2066 (Customer Service)
(66) 02 712-2077 (Customer Service)
(66) 08 7994 4554 (Mobile)
Fax : (66) 02 712-2449
Email : [email protected]
Web Site : www.mettaeyecare.org

Located convenient to the Ekkamai bus station. It is a semi-private affiliate of a major government eye hospital.

When I inquired about this procedure for a friend last February prices where;

basic eye check 700+ ฿

laser yag cap 1 eye 3,000 ฿/ 2 eyes 3,500 ฿

Unusual for a government facility, they answer emails in English, at least did then

22 minutes ago, PMK said:

Do you know if I would have something close to normal vision after the Yagcap procedure? I would go there by taxi, but probably otherwise unaccompanied. 

Immediately after no because they have to dilate your eyes so will have cloudiness and extreme photosensitivity for a while, possibly up to 8 hours (bring sunglasses!). I think one could manage alone if necessary though.

BTW the friend I got that quote for ultimately opted for Rutnin (country's top eye hospital, private) instead, mainly in order to be able to choose the doctor and be assurred of one trained in the West and  highly  skilled. Not saying those at Metta won't be skilled but you can't choose your doctor and likely won't get one with Western training or credentials. Cost of the YAG procedure in both eyes inclusive was about 10 K inclusive of the procedure cost and doctor fee and meds. 

Full bill at Rutnin came to 15K due to addition of  very detailed & through opthalmic exam, including slit lamp exam of retina (1,40 baht)  and optical coherence tomography (1,950 - exam of the macula to check for age related macular degeneration)  etc. I don't remember now if these were optional or the doctor insisted before proceeding in order to be sure of the diagnosis and safety of the procedure.   She had it done by Dr. Roy Chumdermpadetsuk, US trained and US board certified. He was excellent and the procedure in her case fully resolved the problem.

Archived