ประกาศ

tgeezer

The ร่อง topic was promoted by a notice posted on my gate which describes some work to be done in the soi in order to lay new water pipes and people may be interested in what they said and what they did. 

After the preamble of what and why they write: 

โดยทีขั้นตอนการดำเนินงานดังนี้  

1. ตัดและทุผิวจราจรตามแนวการวางท่อ ขุดร่องดินเพื่อจะวาวท่อประปา  They brought in a JCB and broke up the concrete, then dug  out the trench for the new water pipe. 

2. ว่างท่อประปาใหม่พร้อมเจาะท่อรอการบรรจบกันท่อแยกเข้าบ้าน  They laid out and joined sections of pipe together on the surface, attached a fitting round holes they made in the pipe adjacent to each house to which they attached flexible. Pipe. 

3.กลบร่องที่ขุดและจัดซ่อมชั่งคราว  They do this every evening so that we can drive out but it will also be a step that they will do when the pipes are in the ground. 

4. ทดสอบแรงดันในเส้นท่อเพื่อตรวจหารอยรั่ว This step they have not reached but it shows why the previous work is temporary. 

One thing I noticed is my acceptance of รอย as meaning visible evidence of something in contrast to its use in describing a trench: รอยลึก 

On the golf course the mark made by the ball landing is called รอยลูก

I realize that most people are learning in other ways so understand if they find nothing here to comment upon. 

In support of การประปานครหลวง I must point out that the typo was mine. 

Apparently ขั้นตอน 4 is now complete because our little soi 70 yards  long is paved again, so here is that stage. 

7. จัดซ่อมผิวจราจรคืนสภาพเดิม 

Still to do I presume. 

5. เชื่อมบรรจบกับท่อประปาเดิมเพื่อเปิดน้ำประปาล้างทำสะอาด พร้อมฆ่าเชื้อโรคเส้นท่อที่วางใหม่ 

6. ย้ายบรรจบท่อแยกเข้าบ้านเข้ากับท่อประปาเส้นใหม่ พร้อมยกเลิกท่อจ่ายน้ำประปาเดิม 

I will have returned to England before steps 6and7 are completed because the entire soi is being resupplied which will take until May. 

Our ‘soi’ has a sign calling it a แยก but ตรอก น. ทางแคบทีบ้านเรือนอยู่ ๒ ช้าง  describes it perfectly! 

Sub soi, I guess would be good for แยก and ตรอก.