Pompeo says Soleimani killing part of new strategy to deter U.S. foes

webfact

7 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

Ya, I see it. Heres the truth: we took out a Iranian state sponsored terrorist responsible for the deaths or maiming of US forces. Payback is a bitch. Maybe it makes the dude with no legs around the corner from me back home sleep a little better, semper fi to him.

Anything else is politics, usually of the hypocritical variety. 

Payback for what specific acts exactly? And was that before or after he was allied with Bush? What about when he was helping the US defeat isis?

Further, I wonder, if it was in fact "payback", why wouldn't the Trump administration list those specific instances he was being "paid back" for? 

Edited by sucit
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, Thorgal said:

If only Iran had stayed a US client state and let their rapacious oil companies rape the country for the Shah then none of this would had ever happened. The Saudis had the good sense to see this so they can behead and hand chop with impunity and export terrorism worldwide and let their 'sons' attack the WTC. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Pompeo ,ex CIA director and patriot tells it like it is,! The first Iran attack on the US embassy resulted in 17 held hostage!  The second attempt backfired with  immediate response by troops  being deployed there, in the the USA sovereign property in Iraq ! Another terrorist who supported death to America and responsible for killing hundreds and causing the loss of  millions   

• Sad 2

6 hours ago, riclag said:

Pompeo ,ex CIA director and patriot tells it like it is,! The first Iran attack on the US embassy resulted in 17 held hostage!  The second attempt backfired with  immediate response by troops  being deployed there, in the the USA sovereign property in Iraq ! Another terrorist who supported death to America and responsible for killing hundreds and causing the loss of  millions   

And as a result of that assassination US troops are now in a defensive posture and no longer engaging with Isis.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Gweiloman said:

America comes across as nothing more than a bully. I can’t help but feel that they will get their comeuppance one day. 

They will but not in the way that you think.  They are slowly being eroded by decadence.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mogandave said:

Is he the guy that told me I wanted to keep my plan I could keep it? 

Yeah...you know...that lie that killed 1000's of civilians in Iraq and a bunch of US- soldiers!

That's what Obama did with his healthcare- blunder!

Right?!

On 1/14/2020 at 12:08 PM, Enoon said:

"We're restoring credibility to deterrence," he said.

Absolutely, expect to see all attacks against US forces/interests cease forthwith.

Or......renewed, re-doubled agression, with a focus on senior American (and regionally allied) Staff Officers as prime targets.

And that's the problem, because a well-known phrase in psychology circles is, "behaviour breeds behaviour" – – so what you give, you will get back.

Not sure that this is a good way forward, but only time will tell.

On 1/14/2020 at 2:36 PM, Nyezhov said:

Ya, I see it. Heres the truth: we took out a Iranian state sponsored terrorist responsible for the deaths or maiming of US forces. Payback is a bitch. Maybe it makes the dude with no legs around the corner from me back home sleep a little better, semper fi to him.

Anything else is politics, usually of the hypocritical variety. 

But I wonder how they feel about the fact that the 'terrorists' retaliated by rocketing an american airbase-warning the american's in advance (and even knowing the missiles were coming-they had no defense) and then using missiles that are so advanced and precise that they hit specific structures in a specific part of the base in the middle of the night (aircraft storage and maintenence) paybacks a bitch semper iran.. leaving them unhurt but slaping Trump in the face and forcing him to back down.

I wonder how they feel about a 'terrorist' enemy that tried not to kill them while their currupt MIC has left them as sitting ducks like that.  They need to be asking their leaders if these airbases can be made safe.. can you dig in, do anti-missiles like the Patriot really work? already read somewhere that the Patriot cannot stop these things because they are too fast.. if airbases cannot be made safe then the whole thing is a sham.. there's 5000 US & coalition troops there, they are rocketed by katushas everyday, they are facing a million hostile Iranian & Iraqi regular army and militia-men, and they have no air support.  The Iraq war was a mistake and it's time to retreat back to the gulf states.

• Confused 1