Chiang Mai: More than 120 secondary children taken to hospital after lunch at camp

webfact

Chiang Mai: More than 120 secondary children taken to hospital after lunch at camp

3pm.jpg

Picture: Daily Newws

More than 120 M2 school children from the Montfort College were taken to hospitals in the San Sai area of Chiang Mai after developing stomach trouble after consuming lunch. 

Seventy six pupils from the well known Catholic school were treated at San Sai Hospital and 50 others were taken elsewhere as medical personnel were swamped. 

The children had been at the Ban Chum Jit camp where boiled chicken in sauce was on the lunch menu, reported Daily News. 

Samples of food consumed and samples of vomit are being tested to ascertain the source of the problem. 

Daily News reported that all the children were recovering and many had already been taken home by parents and relatives yesterday afternoon. 

More than 100 doctors and nurses were drafted in to deal with the problem. 

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-01-14

10 hours ago, Gonzo the Face said:

When did this happen?  Was it yesteday (13th) or when.  Was posted originally 4 hrs ago. but did mention children taken home yesterday .  What was the age group?  May they all have a speedy recovery

Happened last night at around 6 pm. I live within walking distance to San Sai Hospital and I could hear all the ambulance sirens. I thought it was a major road accident as there were numerous ambulances.