Hand soldering in Bangkok

Batscan

As Crossy indicates, hard to offer an exact solution without knowing the scope.  But a good place to start is Ban Mo in Chinatown.

Point your GPS to 13.746191°  x  100.497537° and wander around the neighborhood to see lots of guys on the street repairing electronics and hundreds of shops selling them the parts and equipment to do it.  A lot of the shops have back rooms that do all kinds of soldering.  If you don't find what you need, you'll find someone who can point you to one (for a little cut of the action)

It's blocks and blocks of electronics, so wander around.

Edited by impulse
  • Like 2

Thank you for response!

No PCB, only cables. 
Terminate a 3m long 9-conductor color coded (DIN 47100) flat cable (area 0.5mm2, pitch 1.8mm)
with resistors/FASTON connectors in one end and a 9-position pluggable terminal block in the other end (se att. file)
The cable is partly covered in 2m plastic trunking.
Totally 300 cables (2700 resistors) are requiered by April 2020.
I guess it´s one week job for 3-4 people.

@Crossy Sorry for cross-post, noticed that this one was for Real Estate

forBatscan.PNG

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Crossy said:

As noted above Ban Mo is definitely your area, take a sample of what you want made along with the drawings and have a wander, you'll need a Thai speaker.

True.  Bring a Thai speaker.  I'd add that, in BKK, that's the best area to shop for the components like wire, resistors and terminal blocks. 

Adhesive lined heat shrink may be a problem (ask me how I know that...), but it's pretty easy to bypass the need with regular heat shrink tubing, some hot melt glue, and cheap labor.

For anybody who is not familiar with Ban Moo, have a look at the link:

https://www.google.com/maps/@13.7455499,100.4974549,3a,75y,321.74h,83.24t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s3nmvela-daCj-liRIUflgQ!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

It seems that street view was done on a quiet day.

It shows the entrance to a mini Soi with at least 30 electronic shops. The whole area is full of them. It's paradise for anybody who likes to play with electronics.

Lots of shops are specialized in certain things but it seems everybody knows who sells what. Ask in one shop and likely they don't have it but they will tell you to go to shop xyz around the corner.

Many shops are open all the time. Some big shops are closed on Sunday and they close relative early in the afternoon.

And if you see somewhere a small entrance sometimes a HUGE building full of electronics is in the background.

This picture is from street view from around the block in 2017. The current street view shows an empty street but that is not the way it looks normally. This picture is an everyday picture of that area. Open air electronics repair.

BanMoo.png.cd1921f7616e5dfbe0d181d7995941aa.png

https://www.google.com/maps/@13.7459572,100.4964152,3a,75y,59.59h,85.92t/data=!3m7!1e1!3m5!1sAciiHWfO4-VIC404fft9_Q!2e0!5s20170601T000000!7i13312!8i6656

Enjoy!

• Like 1