Liqour Laws ( Production)

You have to get a liscense to produce any sort of alchohol in thailand, even for alternative fuels.

This liscense are auctioned on a quota basis per jungwat.

Eg. A jungwat may be allocated 15 liscenses. These are auctioned off to the highest bidder for a certain number of years. (and usually incur yearly rentals as well)

For more info. look in to the thai department of energy website.

Sorry I can't post a link, I seem to have miss placed it. Just google it.

If you decide to the dodgy and make "backyard grog" & get caught you are really in a world of <deleted>.....

Cheers,

Soundman.

You have to get a liscense to produce any sort of alchohol in thailand, even for alternative fuels.

This liscense are auctioned on a quota basis per jungwat.

Eg. A jungwat may be allocated 15 liscenses. These are auctioned off to the highest bidder for a certain number of years. (and usually incur yearly rentals as well)

For more info. look in to the thai department of energy website.

Sorry I can't post a link, I seem to have miss placed it. Just google it.

If you decide to the dodgy and make "backyard grog" & get caught you are really in a world of <deleted>.....

Cheers,

Soundman.

Thanks for the information, I wonder if it would be possible to piggyback or just produce under the umbrella of an excisting company? Any ideas?

Thanks again

Wineguy

Problem here is that duties and taxes on wines are very high, and are levied on both domestic and imports alike.

Given the milieu of the present vintners here, I'm not sure it's a wise investment area for a foreigner.

Regards

Any idea of the names or areas of any vintners? I am aware of the high tax structure put to wine ect.. but I'm more along the lines of importing juice and then processing in Thailand or perhaps another S.E. location.

Any information or thoughts are appreciated.

Thanks

Wineguy

I'm more along the lines of importing juice and then processing in Thailand

That should make quite a unique “wine”. Good business, if your promotion strategy will get people to acquire a taste for it.

--

Maestro

I'm more along the lines of importing juice and then processing in Thailand

That should make quite a unique “wine”. Good business, if your promotion strategy will get people to acquire a taste for it.

--

Maestro

I guess I should clarify, the juice would be grape juice. I've been making wine this way for 13 years. There are some obstacles to overcome for working in Thailand but I'll keep researching. Thanks for the imput.

Wineguy

the juice would be grape juice. I've been making wine this way for 13 years.

I assumed you would be using grape juice, but in my book it still is not real wine. But if you can get people to buy it, that’s all that matters.

--

Maestro

the juice would be grape juice. I've been making wine this way for 13 years.

I assumed you would be using grape juice, but in my book it still is not real wine. But if you can get people to buy it, that’s all that matters.

--

Maestro

Thank you for your repoy. I should clarify again. The juice I would be using is sourced from all over the world, France, Italy Chile , California and a host of other areas. Sourced from regions that are world renown for there variatal grapes.This is not a hobby for me , it's a successful business.

Again, thank you for your imput and any ideas or comments are truly appreciated.

Thank you

Wineguy

De gustibus non est disputandum. Like I said, all that matters is that people buy it. I have never tasted wine fermented from grape juice alone, without the grape skin, and therefore cannot compare it to real wine. Everybody to his own taste, just like I prefer certain wines over others.

In Thailand, I believe, Australian wines of the Penfolds brand are currently in vogue in the higher price class. If you can match that taste, you should do well with good marketing.

--

Maestro

De gustibus non est disputandum. Like I said, all that matters is that people buy it. I have never tasted wine fermented from grape juice alone, without the grape skin, and therefore cannot compare it to real wine. Everybody to his own taste, just like I prefer certain wines over others.

In Thailand, I believe, Australian wines of the Penfolds brand are currently in vogue in the higher price class. If you can match that taste, you should do well with good marketing.

--

Maestro

Again I thank you for your reply and information. Also I do ferment my red wines on the skins. Whites, of course, don't ferment on the skins. I'll buy a bottle of Penfolds and see how I compare. I do enjoy some of the Auzzie wines.

Thank you again for your help.

Wineguy

...I do ferment my red wines on the skins...

Oh, so that’s how it works. Silly me, I was only thinking of the grape juice I buy in the supermarket. Now your vinification is making more sense to me. Thank you for the patience you had with me.

Sorry, I can’t help you with the address of vintners in Thailand.

Best of luck with your project!

--

Maestro

...I do ferment my red wines on the skins...

Oh, so that's how it works. Silly me, I was only thinking of the grape juice I buy in the supermarket. Now your vinification is making more sense to me. Thank you for the patience you had with me.

Sorry, I can't help you with the address of vintners in Thailand.

Best of luck with your project!

--

Maestro

Thanks for your reply. I should have been more precise in my explanation in the first place. Sorry.

Thanks for your replies and advice.

Wineguy