First Time Bangkok, What to expect?

Max6969

Hi everyone, as akward as this question is, dont know where else to ask.

I'm visiting Bangkok/Asia for the first time this year. Ive been reading alotte about Bangkok's famous Gay bars/massages/sauna's.

I'm very exited about it, however when i read about the sauna's, i see or read the same thing as in Western Europe :

"Muscles are hot, anorexia skinny is hot, Normal is not."

i live in Europe and despite going from 96 KG to 70 KG, i am still invisible in the Gay scene here, despite being in my 20's.

Dont get me wrong, i still would visit the famous sauna's like Babylon or Chakran, even if i would get some odd looks without clothes, just so i can say ive seen it.

So my question is, are Thai men the same ?

Do you need to be this perfect skinny or muscle model to get attention ? (Because i might as well order a "massage" instead of waisting money in the sauna's trying right ?")

(Just trying to get a realistic view of Bangkok Gay Scene and Thai men.)

(Also is it a myth they prefer hairy men ? personally i prefer smooth, i suppose i could stop shaiving if it helps my chances)

Thanks you guys for taking the time. ????

Edited by Max6969

• 4 weeks later...

Too late I guess, but there are no such rules or laws. What you did not mention was quite another thing: the sticky rice fenomenon- Aseans who only go for Aseans.

Babylon is often reported to have more as 60-70% of white customers-all looking not for their own but for the scarce aseans who dare (and who mostly get free passes from entry).

Chakran is linked to a massageshop, whose masseurs (who are more for the afters as for msg) also present themselves there and will go with anyone for the fee+tip.

Thats the big advantage if TH; you can get any type you like,even Vietnamese or Burmese, for a small sum. So there is always a way out or plan B. Or-just like home, there are APPs, Thai are so fone-crazy that that is the best way to test it out.