Paying bills help

phka

Please can anyone help me

I went to pay my Internet bill electric bill and water bill in tesco also tried big C  and 7/11 all refused to allow me to pay without a Thai id. 

Don't the staff know aliens are not allowed to have a Thai id, they refused my passport and pictures of me in every room of the house. 

So how do I pay? 

And what's this nonsense about anyway 

• Thanks 1

You can get a Thai ID if you wish and meet the criteria.

PEA have an app, or you can visit the local office and pay in cash.

same applies to the internet, either online,internet banking or at an office.

You havnt stated where you are as perhaps we could get some local input for you.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, phka said:

Yea according to the reviews they only accept a Thai id just another little thing to make you feel unwelcome, Chinese call it death by a thousand cuts

There's a thread about it somewhere, you just need a 13 digit number that meets the requirement of a Thai ID. There are apps that will allow you to create a number, PEA do no actual checking.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 1/24/2020 at 9:45 PM, phka said:

Yea according to the reviews they only accept a Thai id just another little thing to make you feel unwelcome, Chinese call it death by a thousand cuts

been using this app for a year zero problems. True can be paid through their app. Paid 3bb at their shop friday no problem. 

On 1/24/2020 at 4:42 PM, CharlieH said:

You can get a Thai ID if you wish and meet the criteria.

PEA have an app, or you can visit the local office and pay in cash.

same applies to the internet, either online,internet banking or at an office.

You havnt stated where you are as perhaps we could get some local input for you.

The Thai id for none Thais does not have a bar code, and it does not have the communication chip that is on it.  So it is not the same.  The put the Thai id in a machine and it reads the bar code and the chip.  

On 1/25/2020 at 9:14 AM, Susco said:

I pay all my bills, PEA - 3BB - True, and actually anything I can think is available there, through the Kbank mobile app.

No fees.

Just open the app, select which utility you want to pay, enter your identification code for that particular company, and it will show how much you're due to pay.

Its a lot easier if you use the Q code or bar code scanner with Kbank app. Also useful for checking to see if you owe anything.

Yep, I too had that experience last week at Tesco. Paid AIS internet at their counter with no problem but the Tesco counter would not accept my paying the electric bill, as they have done for the past 3 years, without Thai ID.

Just another stepping stone to the cashless society and giving Big Brother the power to docket your "energy wallet" if you have been a bad boy.

Do a bit of research on China's social credit system if you want to know where we are all heading.  

• Like 2

On 1/25/2020 at 8:51 AM, phka said:

It's to make life just a little more difficult for ex pats living here it's to make you feel unwelcome because the hate us

On Saturday i went to Tesco and asked the manager (She speaks English), why they do not accept the bills unless Thai id accompanies the bill, but she was unable to explain why this has to be done. She took my telephone number and stated she would get back to me with the answer.  Waiting, Waiting, Waiting ha ha ha

• Haha 2

All you need to do is, (I am in CM and for you, the same wherever you are), is to go to Airport Plaza, or equivalent, to the main Offices of the Electricity Board, and for me, 3BB and they accept payment without any fuss whatsoever. 

I pay my water bill in my village, but I assume you can pay at the Water Authority - I think on the Outer RIng Road, before Tesco Lotus, Camtien, CM - but not sure so check.

I did exactly that last week, quickly and efficiently after being denied the service by Lotus, Hang Dong, BKK Bank and SCB. They can all shove it as far as I am concerned.

They all had a P/C of a government document, (yes, this pathetic important authority within the government that appears to have declared all us foreigners exempted from being allowed to pay their own bills!

Production of your Driving License, car or motorbike - and even more rediculously, your passport, no longer appear to be a valid document here in Thailand to complete these simple, but important functions to us, but insignificant minutae to the Thai government!

I believe 7/11 is included in this farce, too.

I have no sympathy for these organisations - their Hi-So owners are the ones who must have agreed to this and now willingly, allow their staffs, all over the country to suffer the dismay and resultant anger of presumably thousands of frustrated and angry Expats.

But of course, we are not Chinese are we?

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Templar Knight said:

On Saturday i went to Tesco and asked the manager (She speaks English), why they do not accept the bills unless Thai id accompanies the bill, but she was unable to explain why this has to be done. She took my telephone number and stated she would get back to me with the answer.  Waiting, Waiting, Waiting ha ha ha

you will be waiting as long as the Pattaya tram comes into town.....and the H S R....

On 1/25/2020 at 8:30 AM, Crossy said:

There's a thread about it somewhere, you just need a 13 digit number that meets the requirement of a Thai ID. There are apps that will allow you to create a number, PEA do no actual checking.

Just checked, my Thai pink Thai ID card and there is a 13 digit number on it so perhaps that’s all you need.