Immigration's BMW smart cars out all over Thailand -  Thai house owners fined

webfact

30 minutes ago, Gweiloman said:

It is “clear” from the posts here and in other threads that the government is trying to get rid of farangs. Immigration hassles, pollution, dual pricing, insurance, minimum income, Coronavirus etc. But the farangs are a resolute group of people. They are not so easily defeated. The Thai government needs to do more.

Come on Thai government. Give it your best shot. Farangs are standing firm, refusing to leave. The government needs to do better. Maybe start to implement curfews. No farangs allowed outdoors after from 21:00 to 09:00 hours. Sale of farang food in supermarkets only on Mondays and Wednesdays. There is nothing the government can do that will make them leave. Farangs will teach Thailand a lesson. 

The top clever Thai ones have a plan, all Thais must refuse to sell water and food to foreigners with single  numbered days of the week,(Alcohol is exempt,loads of tax revenue)that will do it,except for the Chinese,if they come back.

Edited by Sonyboy

1 hour ago, rkidlad said:

As they would with cars from a cheaper manufacturer. 

True,as the Germans are finding out in America,UK and other countries, sales are dropping off,production is down,loads of cars not sold,the BMW is not so well built now,the Japanese and Thai neighbours have a similar cheaper car with far better reliability.

3 hours ago, VYCM said:

The SMART immigration vehicles are series 5

Sorry to correct you, but the so called SMART cars used by Immigration are not Series 5 BMWs..... Just been to my local Immigration office (Nakhon Pathom) for 90 day reporting and there parked outside the office was one of the three cars which are normally based there.  As you will see they are Series 330e models.

20200129_125643-iv.jpg

FYI... Current list price of the 330e is 2,300,000 THB including taxes.

Edited by 007 RED

4 hours ago, ianezy0 said:

BMW’s are made locally in Rayong

If your statement is correct, then perhaps the car shown in the initial post was made just before, or more likely just after a long holiday when the level of alcohol in the system was still high.

Untitled.jpg.cf11722685c566512d260339081575da.jpg

Note the position of the steering wheel on the left.  Of course it could have been MIC and someone forgot to specify the steering wheel on the right.

I hope that they have disarmed the front passenger airbag.  If not the passenger will get more than a 'face plant' from the laptop if the vehicle is involved in a front end collision.

Edited by 007 RED
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Sonyboy said:

True,as the Germans are finding out in America,UK and other countries, sales are dropping off,production is down,loads of cars not sold,the BMW is not so well built now, the Japanese and Thai neighbours have a similar cheaper car with far better reliability.

1) 

https://www.best-selling-cars.com/brands/2019-full-year-globale-volkswagen-sales-worldwide/

Sure bud.

Volume growth was achieved in Europe, South America, Asia-Pacific and the USA. Volkswagen delivered more than 80,000 electric vehicles worldwide in 2019 – a 60% increase.

https://www.best-selling-cars.com/brands/2019-full-year-global-bmw-and-mini-sales-worldwide/

In 2019, the BMW Group increased sales by 1.2% to a new record 2.5 million deliveries worldwide of BMW, Mini, and Rolls-Royce cars.

https://www.best-selling-cars.com/brands/2019-full-year-global-mercedes-benz-sales-worldwide/

Not sure why so many people here make stuff up all the time? Takes one second to google the actual sales numbers.

Do you just like to spread lies?

2) 

The Thais have nothing,

Toyota and Honda are producing here locally, same as BMW, same as harley, same as whatever. All ip owned by foreign companies of course.

Nobody says japanese cars are <deleted>, but they aren't much cheaper and their interior is way worse. Everything here is overpriced, no matter what brand you buy.

Toyotas made in Thailand are cheaper to buy in Australia - that says it all.

Edited by ThomasThBKK

1 hour ago, 007 RED said:

Sorry to correct you, but the so called SMART cars used by Immigration are not Series 5 BMWs..... Just been to my local Immigration office (Nakhon Pathom) for 90 day reporting and there parked outside the office was one of the three cars which are normally based there.  As you will see they are Series 330e models.

20200129_125643-iv.jpg

Oooooh, you poor thing. 

You live with the poor people. Nakhon Prathom get the budget priced BMW. 

Chonburi immigration wouldn't belittle themselves to drive such a poor man's car. 

1 hour ago, 007 RED said:

20200129_125643-iv.jpg

The 330e is not a model listed for sale in Thailand as far as I can see. Where did you get your information?

320d Sport is 2,929,000
330i M Sport is 3,329,000
320d GT Luxury is 2,669,000

All base model prices with no extras.

On 1/28/2020 at 7:10 PM, Just Weird said:

They are patrol cars also, why would they want a basic Toyota for that purpose?  They are locally made and maybe BMW gave them a better deal than Toyota.

I can also see a smart concrete mixer in the background, hope it is not to manufacture "concrete boots" for offenders ????

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Yadon Toploy said:

The 330e is not a model listed for sale in Thailand as far as I can see. Where did you get your information?

Simple Google search "Thailand BMW 330e list price" will reveal several examples.  I have attached below the price list from BMW.co.tha which is dated Feb. 2019 and I've highlighted the cheapest 330e model.

FYI.... I first spotted three of these parked outside of my local Immigration office a year ago (22/01/19 to be precise) so they must have been ordered quite some time before then.  I have also noted from the Google search that one 2nd hand site has 66 of this model available, so they have been in Thailand for some time.

price-list-2019-02-01.pdf

Edited by 007 RED

5 hours ago, JustAnotherHun said:

It does. TGhe BMW is more comfortable. As you can see, Immigration is doing everything for the convenience of caught overstayers.

you mean immigration provides this comfort before offenders sing their "Swan song"  in Swampy lockup?

• Haha 1

On 1/28/2020 at 9:23 AM, Yadon Toploy said:

Seriously though, what a horrible place this is becoming to live.

Encouraging people to call up and 'report' foreigners, cars creeping about surveilling foreigners, people that have foreigners living with them being investigated, fingerprints being taken on entry to the country, etc. 

Well said. If Thai authorities invested even half this much time and effort in solving the rest of the country's problems as they do on xenophobic anti-foreigner actions, the country would be thriving and possibly as advanced as Japan.

One wonders where all this strange xenophobia is coming from; my guess is it's a distraction from other, more real world problems like the pollution crisis. For a country that is increasingly dependent on tourism (which contributes 21% of GDP and rising every year as other industries like agriculture and manufacturing start to become less important) one would think the authorities would be as nice as possible to foreigners. If foreigners stop coming (and this includes migrant workers), the Thai economy will collapse overnight. What will they do then? Beg foreigners to come back? Might be too little, too late then.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, drbeach said:

Well said. If Thai authorities invested even half this much time and effort in solving the rest of the country's problems as they do on xenophobic anti-foreigner actions, the country would be thriving and possibly as advanced as Japan.

One wonders where all this strange xenophobia is coming from; my guess is it's a distraction from other, more real world problems like the pollution crisis. For a country that is increasingly dependent on tourism (which contributes 21% of GDP and rising every year as other industries like agriculture and manufacturing start to become less important) one would think the authorities would be as nice as possible to foreigners. If foreigners stop coming (and this includes migrant workers), the Thai economy will collapse overnight. What will they do then? Beg foreigners to come back? Might be too little, too late then.

Of course its a distraction, there's literally no foreigner related issue here.

Same <deleted> trump pulls off, same <deleted> as brexit, populist idiot rhetoric.

"Puublic health minister Anutin Charnvirakul admitted to Sky News that he expects the number of infections to rise. "We are not able to stop the spread," he said. Our target is we will be able to detect all carriers entering Thailand and we will apply necessary measures as the situation develops.

"Of course we expect more people to get sick but we are able to identify all of them."

WOW, Looks like the BMW Smart Cars will come in handy...have I just found a new justification for the purchase.....Can not wait for that spin to show up in someone's press release.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, drbeach said:

Thailand is a beautiful place to be, but the present system makes it less and less comfortable and less and less friendly ????

Unfortunately peoples mindset is also changing - and not for better.

What a pity. It used to be my favorite place but now I don't feel welcomed in here the same way it was some years ago - so I spend more time elsewhere.

21 hours ago, 007 RED said:

20200129_125643-iv.jpg

Badges on cars here mean nothing. A few years ago lots of 740 volvos were sold as 760 models

740 = series 7 4 cylinder

760 = series 7 6 cylinder.

On 1/29/2020 at 4:54 AM, Just Weird said:

Garbage.

Thank you for your well reasoned, well written and extremely insightful reply.

I note your 'moniker'. It certainly proves that old saying...'if the cap fits, wear it' but apparently , you also choose to flaunt it.

7 hours ago, overherebc said:

Badges on cars here mean nothing. A few years ago lots of 740 volvos were sold as 760 models

740 = series 7 4 cylinder

760 = series 7 6 cylinder.

You could be right. 

I'm not a BMW guy. 

Does anybody know if that is a 5 series or 3?

1 minute ago, overherebc said:

No idea but how about a russian made Musk Cybertruck.

????????

cybertruck-5.jpg

5e04da20855cc238e3360da4.jpeg

MUSK is a four letter word here. 

The guy is probably the luckiest guy on the planet, saying nasty things about people and let off Scott free. 

These Tesla cars are very average, again Musk, lucky. 

Good marketing I suppose, I wouldn't drive one if it was given to me. 

On 1/28/2020 at 8:44 PM, saakura said:

Me thinks that both of you are getting paranoid. Please talk to your thai family about your concerns.

Paranoid personality disorder (PPD) is one of a group of conditions called "Cluster A" personality disorders which involve odd or eccentric ways of thinking. People with PPD also suffer from paranoia, an unrelenting mistrust and suspicion of others, even when there is no reason to be suspicious

My family know about him, most of the people around here know about him. His colleagues at his work place tell me to ignore him as he is harmless. He just hates farangs. No I am not paranoid.

Maybe he is paranoid. I don't know what he thinks I am doing wrong that he has to follow me and keep an eye on me all the time.

On 1/30/2020 at 5:16 AM, Tulak said:

Thailand is a beautiful place to be, but the present system makes it less and less comfortable and less and less friendly ????

What a pity. It used to be my favorite place but now I don't feel welcomed in here the same way it was some years ago - so I spend more time elsewhere.

If you got nothing to hide you got nothing to worry about. 

Best you keep your negative thoughts to yourself. 

I feel sorry for you glass half empty, pessimistic people, god I'd hate to be you guys. 

Seriously suicidal candidates. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VYCM said:

I feel sorry for you glass half empty, pessimistic people, god I'd hate to be you guys. 

Other than some of the changes that my immagration office has made. In the small village we live in I haven't had any problems the people that I have regular contact with are ok even though they know I don't speak Thai if I need to do anything important or buy something my wife translates 

6 hours ago, VYCM said:

On 1/30/2020 at 9:16 AM, Tulak said:

Thailand is a beautiful place to be, but the present system makes it less and less comfortable and less and less friendly ????

Unless we agree that Thailand is absolutely the best place to be, we can exercise our choice and spend our time where it is better.

If somebody thinks that Thailand never changes must be living in a cave and doesn't go out in the real world.

The question is if changes are for better or worse.

The point is : I still enjoy it here, but come only one or two times each year (as opposite three to six times many years ago).

Lucky enough my situation allows me to choose and you are right. I have nothing to worry about so I don't.

Edited by Tulak
added missing sentence

2 hours ago, Tulak said:

Unless we agree that Thailand is absolutely the best place to be, we can exercise our choice and spend our time where it is better.

If somebody thinks that Thailand never changes must be living in a cave and doesn't go out in the real world.

The question is if changes are for better or worse.

The point is : I still enjoy it here, but come only one or two times each year (as opposite three to six times many years ago).

Lucky enough my situation allows me to choose and you are right. I have nothing to worry about so I don't.

Point taken. 

But we also must understand that the World is changing not just Thailand. 

Change always happens everywhere, we must adapt to change or be left behind. 

As I said pages back in an earlier post, the changes are being made to make us all safe

The people coming here have changed. 

Some of the people coming here are not nice people. 

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1