price for remote control for gates

1FinickyOne

7 hours ago, Langsuan Man said:

If the gates swing inwards, no need or use for a track 

See this post from Coolthaihouse, as an example of what you will need for swinging gates versus sliding gates

https://www.coolthaihouse.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1698&p=55785&hilit=Swing+gate+closer#p55785

The poster of that thread is unfortunately now dead, but @Crossy also has automatic swing gates

If you gates swing freely and have some means of securing the ram you don't need a track.

We have a DEA NET-230 controller and a pair of DEA LOOK 220V x 330mm rams (encoder type).

http://www.deasystem.com/en/product/10/swing-gate-motors

You can get prices from PAT http://www.pratooautanomati.com/index.html but you'll have to call them (Thai only) as the website is waaaaay out of date. But I will warn you that sticker-shock may ensue for the actuators.

Other cheaper options are available.

One of the gates, each is about 2.5m and heavy, 5kg dog for scale.

20200131_170945.jpg

• Like 1

14 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

^ Well at least we know who raises the alarm.

My wife took her dog (see how i side slipped that one) to the vet today for jab. He weights 5.2 kg????

She has a brother who assists as well as guinea fowl and geese who are the early warning system. Nothing and nobody enters their domain without us knowing about it.

The dogs are mine when they are naughty or need food buying or a vet visit, Madam's at all other times, fairly typical really.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Crossy said:

She has a brother who assists as well as guinea fowl and geese who are the early warning system. Nothing and nobody enters their domain without us knowing about it.

The dogs are mine when they are naughty or need food buying or a vet visit, Madam's at all other times, fairly typical really.

Yesterday we were in a restaurant, in the garden,  and the owners wife said to my wife "He won't be as easy to take around when he is grown up"

She was shocked to be told that he is 8 years old.

2 hours ago, Langsuan Man said:
19 hours ago, sometimewoodworker said:

The poster of that thread is unfortunately now dead, but @Crossy also has automatic swing gates

So what ?

The swinging gates are still there even if Fred isn't 

So it’s rather difficult to ask him questions! Though knowing him he would rather enjoy the effort and effect of trying. ???? 

48 minutes ago, kenk24 said:

How is any of this getting me some sort of price estimate? 

For decent quality product like DEA :- Swing gate actuators, controller and safety devices.  A guess = 35,000 Baht +.

Call some gate automation companies and obtain quotes. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JAS21 said:

I see a posting under his name 4 hours ago. Something to do with Thai bank loans...

Whoever that was it certainly wasn’t Fred (fredlk). I managed to talk to him shortly before he died in another country near the end of 2015

in memory of him here is a video we both enjoyed 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, recom273 said:

Wow! Lovely!

Thats just the track and the control system, right?

Yes, our gate was around 60k (the second picture) the 16k for the motor and rack fitted much later did not include bringing power to the motor, we had a separate real electrician to do that. 

Edited by sometimewoodworker
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/30/2020 at 7:49 PM, kenk24 said:

I have two heavy gates that swing inward.

Swinging gates cannot use a track system.  Sliding gates can use a track because the track is straight.  Does anyone here know of anyone that can install at curved track ? 

Look at the picture below and think about getting a curve track installed and then how are you going to mechanize it.  A straight track will use a motor with a cog that will turn and open and close the gate in a straight line

21 hours ago, sometimewoodworker said:

So it’s rather difficult to ask him questions! Though knowing him he would rather enjoy the effort and effect of trying. ???? 

I didn't post the thread expecting anyone to ask questions, but posted it before Crossy posted his picture of swing gates with required pneumatic closer

swing.png.540feda5eb2e46a2ae855d6962d3a9b4.png 

2 hours ago, Langsuan Man said:

Does anyone here know of anyone that can install at curved track ? 

That should not, in principle, be any different to installing on a straight track. More expensive and fiddly as you will have to get he track custom bent for the gate (and the track isn’t thin) but if you get the gate builder to add the track when building the gate it doesn’t sound impossible. It will make no difference to the opening motor if is on the convex side though on the concave side you will be much more limited to the curve you can have unless there is a longer motor spindle available, or a motor with a different front profile.

5BE1BC60-1BFD-4B33-847E-A0F1CB57691C.jpeg.70e0bb6003619b33a53320d7ede0a6be.jpeg

the limit switch can easily be moved to the back of the rail

2 hours ago, sometimewoodworker said:

It will make no difference to the opening motor if is on the convex side

Late for an edit so.

it will depend on the sharpness of the curve, as the track is quite thick the teeth on inner curve side could need to be custom ground to prevent the drive cog binding on them.