Baby’s remains found in drainpipe near abandoned workers’ camp

rooster59

Baby’s remains found in drainpipe near abandoned workers’ camp

By Eakkapop Thongtub

1580546898_1-org.jpg

Officers found the remains of a baby wrapped in a bundle rags in a drainpipe near an abandoned workers’ camp. Photo: Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET: Police are trying to track down a mother whose dead baby was found swaddled in rags and left in a drainpipe near a worker’s camp in Thalang.

Lt Sopanat Nayao of the Thalang Police was called to the scene, in Soi Na Neua in Muang Mai, at 2:30pm yesterday (Jan 31).

Officers found the remains of a baby wrapped in a bundle rags in a drainpipe near an abandoned workers’ camp.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/baby-remains-found-in-drainpipe-near-abandoned-workers-camp-74639.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2020-02-02

• Sad 1

On 2/2/2020 at 5:56 AM, rooster59 said:

Police are trying to track down a mother whose dead baby was found swaddled in rags and left in a drainpipe near a worker’s camp in Thalang.

A very sad case of [probably] an immigrant mother with few potions. While I don't condone her actions I'm not so fast to condemn her either.. society has let her down!

An immigrant worker in Thailand has very few options and even less support.

In many parts of my home country, unwanted children can be dropped off at hospitals, police or fire stations, no questions asked. I hope Thailand will adopt a similar plan soon. Perhaps they have, and I'm not aware of it.

Such a sad story.

Edited by Shot
  • Like 1