Video: Van cuts across ambulance with its siren blaring and lights flashing

webfact

5 hours ago, CharlieH said:

BUT............"There were no injuries and no report of police action in the matter" 

Disgusting !!

Perhaps no one called the police.  It is not always necessary for the police to attend damage only incidents.

Edited by Just Weird
  • Sad 1

A couple of days ago I was on my way to Tesco. Dual carriageway, but it bottlenecks at the market which can be jammed for a few minutes. Saw an ambulance coming up fast behind and even though I was on the left I slowed and pulled over a little more. Other traffic, 3 or 4 cars in front could have done the same but didn't and right on the bottleneck one car even stopped to let someone out of the passenger side, then it drove slowly along, waited till another car backed then parked. They just don't care...period.

• Like 1

Number 1 - Fit a decent siren to these ambulances.

Number 2 - Paint them a high vis colour.

Number 3 - Give the ambo drivers a decent blue/red light driving course.

Number 4 - Don't swerve into other vehicles or mount pavements. Write the offender's vehicle off. No one else's and no pedestrians. (Or saplings in this case, which could have been a pedestrian)

7 hours ago, Farangwithaplan said:
8 hours ago, colinneil said:

I hope that someone got his number, and he is found,

7 hours ago, Farangwithaplan said:

Well considering the video above clearly shows the van parked and its license plate I can only assume you didn't watch the video before typing your outrage.

And if you continue to watch, it is also evident that the driver is being spoken to by a police officer. (see the still at 1:01) So I think the notion that there was no police action is unfounded.

Thailand. If the illness does not kill you, the ambulance driver will. Should you make it to the hospital, there is the distinct possibility that an ignorant doctor will finish you off.

As for the one making the U turn, typical ignorant selfish moron. They have a video and a reg number, yet still nothing is done?

Edited by DaRoadrunner
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, colinneil said:

I hope that someone got his number, and he is found, not the usual 500 baht, fined 10000 baht and banned from driving.

Suspend license for life. Thai drivers must be taught lessons otherwise they would never change. 

On 2/3/2020 at 12:11 PM, Matzzon said:

And with that you are saying that other countries have police officers placed 100-300 meter away from every accident on every road?

I didn't say that. But at least civilised countries have a police force that is active i.e. on the road and not sitting in their offices and secondly, trying to solve crime issues without being paid first.

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, CLW said:

I didn't say that. But at least civilised countries have a police force that is active i.e. on the road and not sitting in their offices and secondly, trying to solve crime issues without being paid first.

Nope, what you posted was your thought of how terrible it was that a citizen brought back the offender quicker than the police could have done. Instead you could have seen that as a good thing. I guess that´s how it is when the negative genes overpopulate the positive ones.

Edited by Matzzon