Song Tao from Jomtien Beach Road?

INANIMATECARBONROD

First off, I am very new to Jomtien, so please be patient with me ????. I often find myself, after a few beverages, walking on Jomtien Beach Road or one of the popular sois connected to Jomtien 2nd Road (e.g. Soi 7/8). Occasionally, I want to extend the evening and go down to Walking Steet and/or Soi Buakao. Sadly, I have been "told" it will cost hundreds of baht to take a Song Tao to and from the aforementioned locations. Is this true? 

What is the best (and cheapest) method to get from Soi 7/8/JBR Pattaya Walking Street via Song Tao? 

Also, is there a reasonable way to get to Walking Street/Buakoa from Jomtien 2nd Road (around KISS restaurant/market/beer bars) via Song Tao or do I have to walk down to JBR?  What is the price? 

Thanks for your help in advance! 

No baht buses on Jomtien 2nd road. 

From Jomtien Beach road or Tappraya it's 10 baht into Pattaya as far as Pattaya north road. 

Coming back pick up a baht bus near the school at 2nd road intersection Pattaya south road. Fare is 10 baht. 

Do not speak to the drivers. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, INANIMATECARBONROD said:

I have been "told" it will cost hundreds of baht to take a Song Tao to and from the aforementioned locations. Is this true? 

If you book a private one, like a taxi, maybe. But the regular fare is simply 10 baht on a jump on jump off basis. Catch one to Pattaya on Jomtiem Beach Rd or Thrappaya. People queue, as do the baht buses, waiting to fill for the return trip until pretty late on the SW corner of Pattaya Second Rd and South Pattaya Road (Tai), in front of the school wall.