Why do thai workers shut the door when cleaning the bathroom?

bbabythai

My wife employs staff for her business. I notice that when they clean the toilet they always close the door. Why do they do this? Do they need privacy?

When staying in a hotel I generally have the room cleaned whilst Im there- maybe I am so busy surfing the net etc. Just noticed this morning that the cleaner shut the door when taking the cleaning stuff in the bathroom (shower and toilet).

I dont understand the reason behind this closed door policy. Any insights are welcome.

• Confused 2

1 minute ago, Crossy said:

In case you have poor aim!

Having got over the shock of being mopped-around by the lady cleaner (Korea), I nearly lost it and peed down my leg when the (male) attendant started giving me a neck rub (Philippines).

rubbing the neck of what ?????????????

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

rubbing the neck of what ?????????????

Ah, reminds me of the good ol’ days when Galaxy (no hand restaurant) was still in business. 

When I was living in Hkg back in the 90’s, a male attendant always gives a neck/shoulder rub when you are standing over the urinal. You are expected to leave a tip of course, about HKD2 in those days. Breaking the seal could become expensive very quickly lol. 

I stayed in a rented serviced apartment for some years and cleaning was included. They always closed the bathroom door when cleaning but one day not. On this day I watched them cleaning my bathroom. They had one big sponge that they used for everything - even for cleaning the inside of the toilet bowl. Of course they used the same sponge for all rooms and appartements. From this moment I did the cleaning myself even if their cleaning was for free. 

• Haha 1