Pattaya: Ladyboy recidivist lifts Indian man's wallet on a "Baht Bus"

webfact

Pattaya: Ladyboy recidivist lifts Indian man's wallet on a "Baht Bus"

8pm.jpg.ed890b2a582c457cc1c31c4042d67664.jpg

Thai caption: Pattaya ladyboy at it again!

Tourist police in Pattaya announced the arrest of a ladyboy for pickpocketing.

Bunyawin or "Femme", 27, was apprehended on Beach Road on a warrant for theft during the hours of darkness. They have stolen many times before.

The arrest followed a complaint by an Indian man. He said he had been walking with his girlfriend on the beach on January 28th at 4 am. 

A helpful ladyboy had helped him and his girlfriend get on a song thaew or baht bus as they are known in Pattaya. 

The ladyboy had then got off near the end of Soi 13/3. 

Only when the Indian got off himself and went to pay for his journey did he notice that his wallet was missing. 

Police studied the evidence and soon came to the conclusion that Femme was the culprit. 

They are a recidivist. 

They just got out of Pattaya jail on January 8th after the latest incarceration. 

They have been convicted of thieving many times. 

A picture on 77kaoded appeared to show the ladyboy with and without a wig on Beach Road and pointing at clothes and footwear at the police station. 

Source: 77kaoded

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-02-05

2 hours ago, keith101 said:

1. recidivist - someone who is repeatedly arrested for criminal behavior (especially for the same criminal behavior) habitual criminal, repeater criminal, crook, felon, malefactor, outlaw - someone who has committed a crime or has been legally convicted of a crime

Clever, I looked it up to

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

“ They are a recidivist “ ?

Not sure that statement works ?, but at least I learnt a new word today.

Thanks Mr Google !

Recidivist I knew but the use of 'they' had me flummoxed. Then I remembered it was the 'word of the year' or something. Will 'They is a recidivist' make it correct then? Or maybe 'They are recidivists'....no that's wrong , there was only one.

10 minutes ago, evadgib said:

Me too, I was expecting it to be another new gender dysphoria no one had heard of.

image.jpeg.617eb496c62d1ab4a8ca4a04c2ef27ed.jpeg

Yes, I saw Piers arguing with someone where he wanted to identify as a penguin.

Further to my previous post concerning the use of 'they'....

In its 26th annual words of the year vote, the American Dialect Society voted for they used as a gender-neutral singular pronoun as the Word of the Year for 2015. They was recognized by the society for its emerging use as a pronoun to refer to a known person, often as a conscious choice by a person rejecting the traditional gender binary of he and she.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, keith101 said:

Then they are obviously not spending time behind bars to be a deterrent .

6 hours ago, webfact said:

They just got out of Pattaya jail on January 8th after the latest incarceration.

They are, but obviously not long enough!

7 hours ago, Phuketshrew said:

Are Ladyboys jailed in a male or female jail?

This has to be the 'BEST' question asked on the forum for ages. 

I am curious about that too, Now that YOU asked, I want to know.

I know and went to visit a lady often that was locked up in/near Pattaya (Nong Palai prison).   She is out now so when I see her next I will ask her.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Just Weird said:
  7 hours ago, Phuketshrew said:

Are Ladyboys jailed in a male or female jail?

1 hour ago, Just Weird said:

Because they're men, male prison.

Can you specify a source for your comment info?

I sincerely Question up to 'what point' they are considered and ??? ARE THEY BY THE RTP???? and Thai courts.  as I have heard the Thais and their Gov't recognize a 'third gender'

In 40 years I have 'NEVER' had a ladyboy walk into a men's restroom that I have been in.  Have any other posters????

I'm sincerely curious about this now after reading this post and I'd like to know a 'factual answer'

Thanks

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, kensawadee said:

I sincerely Question up to 'what point' they are considered and ??? ARE THEY BY THE RTP???? and Thai courts.  as I have heard the Thais and their Gov't recognize a 'third gender'

Well they are in the draw for military service but usually don't qualify. I suspect anything with a 'meat and 2 veg' would be in the male prison and maybe quite happy. After their heads get shaved and they are dressed accordingly, I doubt they look much different than the rest in there. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, webfact said:

They have been convicted of thieving many times. 

And they will continue as the profits outweigh the hassle of spending a bit of time jailed.

Peace

12 hours ago, Just Weird said:

Sure, here's a factual answer, personal experience of a Thai prison.  The LBs, 5 or 6 of them, were in the same communal room/cell as I and a number of other normal prisoners were.  And before being returned to the cell in the afternoon each day, everyone lined up to be checked over by a prison officer in just shorts, no shirts, to ensure nothing illicit was being taken to the cell overnight, that included the LBs, boobs or no boobs.  After the checking they could  put the shirt on again.

Thanks 'Just Wierd'. I find your opinion is backed up with your personal knowledge. Therefore I feel that I can believe it. AND i was sincerely curious and was really hoping to know, just to satisfy my curiosity. I have been around Thailand over 40 years and I know that the police here do not always conform to 'worldwide accepted' standards.

on the forun you will routinely see posters who have posted 'unfounded opinions', so I am hesitant to believe some posts but if a topic stirs up my curiosity, then I'd like to learn more and that was my intent when responding to your post. I was hoping somebody would come back with something believable and founded. I found your reply believable. Thanks.

AND THANKS TO "THAIWRATH" FOR HIS NEGATIVE "SAD' EMOJIs on BOTH of my posts.

• Confused 1

On 2/5/2020 at 6:31 AM, keith101 said:

1. recidivist - someone who is repeatedly arrested for criminal behavior (especially for the same criminal behavior) habitual criminal, repeater criminal, crook, felon, malefactor, outlaw - someone who has committed a crime or has been legally convicted of a crime

• ‘Sometimes prisoners never seem to get free of the prison system and they become what society now refers to as recidivists.’
  •  
  • ‘Also, should prisoners who repeatedly commit crime spend a longer time behind bars simply because they're recidivists?’

On 2/5/2020 at 12:17 PM, webfact said:

Police studied the evidence and soon came to the conclusion that Femme was the culprit. 

They are a recidivist. 

In this instance, the word "they" is used to mean Femme and his close friend Dick.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1