Full Height Windows and Sliding Doors - Minimum Cost

ArranP

I'm sourcing a supplier for windows and doors.  Full height 2.5, various runs from 2 fixed / 4 sliding units approx 1.8m in length.

Given doors and windows will be in the shade, will single glazed do, double glazed an overkill ?  They living style will be open during the day, open at night with mosquito screens.  Property is on the sound of a mountain with good cross wind.  The aircons may run for 1 or 2 hours early evening to cool down the rooms ( if necessay )  hence my consideration for not going to the additional expense of double glazing.

Given the units are full height 2.5m standard size units cannot be used. looking for recommendations for windows / doors of low price.  

Given standard size units are approx 3,000 baht sqm and custom units I've seen so far 6,000 baht sqm.  So I'm looking for recommendation to fit custom windows as near to the standard unit price as possible.  Is it really necessary to stay with the custom units provider at 6,000 baht sqm.

Thanks for your feedback.
Arran.

I see you have specific requirements so no doubt others will respond appropriately. I can only say with my studio in Jomtien on the sunny side we have gone from single to double glazing. The 2.9m by 2 m sliding door and fixed window cost 35,000 baht. The sound and heat insulation are outstanding but is probably overkill for many but I feel it was money well spent. 

i have 11 each 2.25m x 0.5m windows / 2 sets of patio doors / 5 each 1.1m x 1.1m / i set of normal sliding doors.

Total cost about 500K, not double glazed but heat resistant glass. As another poster mentions the heat and noise reduction is outstanding.

I used that place on Suk rd in Pattaya, UVPC or something like that but i live approx 500kms away from there, guys that came and did the fit very professional.