Non-O Based on Marriage for Extension to Support Child?

I recently returned fro Savannakhet after switching from my Non-OA visa based on retirement to a single-entry Non-O visa based on marriage.  My intention was to pursue a one-year extention based on marriage. However, my wife's name is not listed in the house book and she is not interested in adding her name, nor accompanying me to my IO for the extension.

I have a son who lives with us from a prior legal marriage to a Thai.  His mother died about 9 years ago.  I am aware of the documentation required by immigration if I request an extension based on my son, as well as changing my marital status.  However, I am unsure whether or not I can do this under my present Non-O visa based on marriage.  Any advice from members will be appreciated.

When I kicked my wife out I went to immigration and changed reason for extension from marriage to dependent child ,was very easy and helpful ,this was at kap choeng surin ,always renewed for dependent child ,easier and not have to worry about sour faced Thai lady again not wanting to go immigration 

Edited by Foghorn
  • Like 1

OP surely you can persuade your wife to come to immigration with you. Just tell her that if she doesn't come you will not get the extension of stay and that you will be forced to return home. The consequences would be that you will be unable to support her anymore. Just watch her change her mind then.

20 minutes ago, jimn said:

OP surely you can persuade your wife to come to immigration with you. Just tell her that if she doesn't come you will not get the extension of stay and that you will be forced to return home. The consequences would be that you will be unable to support her anymore. Just watch her change her mind then.

Change to dependent child and not need her for visa ,easier , shouldn’t have to persuade her really .

• Like 2

On 2/6/2020 at 11:59 AM, ubonjoe said:

Your wife's name does not have to be on the house for where you are living to apply for a extension based upon marriage.

I cannot understand why she would not be willing  to spend a few hours at immigration with you to apply for an extension.

It should not be any problem to use the non-o visa you have now to apply for an extension based upon being the parent of a Thai.

Ubonjoe- non-o visa you have now to apply for an extension based upon being the parent of a Thai, now requires how much and for how long before submitting docs?

Thank you for any details you have with regards to the financials and seasoning before application.

14 minutes ago, ajarnmarc said:

Ubonjoe- non-o visa you have now to apply for an extension based upon being the parent of a Thai, now requires how much and for how long before submitting docs?

Thank you for any details you have with regards to the financials and seasoning before application.

For an extension based upon being the parent of Thai there is no requirement for the 400k baht to be in the bank any amount of time. But some offices may want it to be in the bank for 2 months on the day you apply.

9 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

For an extension based upon being the parent of Thai there is no requirement for the 400k baht to be in the bank any amount of time. But some offices may want it to be in the bank for 2 months on the day you apply.

Are there any other differences in the process of applying for an extension based upon being the parent of a Thai vs marriage?

4 hours ago, unheard said:

Are there any other differences in the process of applying for an extension based upon being the parent of a Thai vs marriage?

Same application and approval process.

The big difference is the required documents.