Thai soldier kills 'many' in shooting rampage

rooster59

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Yadon Toploy said:

His beefs are fairly obvious given the disparity in wealth and level of corruption, and are well documented on his Facebook account prior to and during his rampage. He felt helpless.

Looking further, the difficult and worsening economic situation, the political situation, seperatist movement in the South... a lot of people under pressure, feeling helpless with no way out... it's going to get worse.

Thailand is a powderkeg at the moment.

Don't hold your breath but this might be a catalyst for real change. Many Thais are completely shocked by this and there's growing dissatisfaction with this sham of a government.

None of the above. Guy got ripped off in a land deal, his boss and others took him for 50k baht. Went out for revenge and flipped. No SJW here.

Some mitigation is that soldiers are trained to kill and are fired up for it. If they don't see real action, they tend to find it elsewhere. Just acting out his brainwashing training.

Edited by DannyCarlton

7 minutes ago, neeray said:

Steven100, I am well aware of your fondness of this army government. I am a strong believer in anecdotes and what I'm hearing is many Thais are saying things like "what has happened to Thailand since Prayut took charge in 2014?".

Don't ask for a link. This is anecdotal. It is directly from the mouth of Thais. Perhaps you are in the elite crowd who see it differently.

oh yes ....  the government caused Coronavirus, the government caused the mass shooting in Korat, the government caused everything you don't like about thailand. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, steven100 said:

oh yes ....  the government caused Coronavirus, the government caused the mass shooting in Korat, the government caused everything you don't like about thailand. 

You're right, the government didn't cause any of those problems....they just made them a whole lot worse.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, fourpack said:

Erm Face book is social media

So who's missing the point. Maybe you dont get Thai feeds on yours?

for the final time ... please show me where on FB or social media where everyone is blaming the government. 

7 minutes ago, talahtnut said:

Behind the smiles there a many angry Thais being

ripped off and barely surviving.

Correct; and many of the Thai's i used to see smiling don't do it as often as they used to.  Just quote to any of them what Prayut said ..''I want to return happiness to the people''  and see what they say ?   I can tell you it's not very complimentary !

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, phuketrichard said:

How social and mainstream media failed us during the Korat mass shooting

https://www.thaienquirer.com/7609/how-social-and-mainstream-media-failed-us-during-the-korat-mass-shooting/

very good read

An interesting article, but I did find the like and share banners at the end a little ironic

image.png.7a7e8eec10d371195a532e2b53c3b688.png

2 hours ago, steven100 said:

for the final time ... please show me where on FB or social media where everyone is blaming the government. 

For the final time open your eyes and read post from real Thai's And there feelings Twd's him. You are obviously blind to all who point you in the direction to read. As has been said maybe your Thai counterparts are loyal government lackies.

But I you are really saying you don't see or hear the tunneling of the masses then there's not much point in trying to point you Ted's it is there.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Gecko123 said:

He expressed extreme anger towards the wealthy in general before launching an attack on a shopping mall which attracts many middle and upper income customers. He also live streamed his killing spree in a manner similar to the NZ mosque shooter who was  politically motivated. There may have been an event which triggered his rampage, but I think there's unmistakable political elements to his actions.

He posted his anger towards the wealthy who had ripped him off, not the wealthy in general. He also didnt live stream the actual killing like the NZ shooting, he posted and live streamed selfies and comments.

"but he did not say for what.

'IT APPEARS HE WENT MAD'

"We don't know why he did this. It appears he went mad," Defence Ministry spokesman Kongcheep Tantrawanit told Reuters."

In his Facebook page he said clearly why he's doing this. Because of corruption and he mentioned "they can't spend their money in hell"

But what I don't understand if he make a statement, why to shoot innocent people who he doesn't know at all.

I thought after he shot first one at army base he went kind of shock and maniac state. 

I feel very sad for the dead and their families, I pray strength for the families and friends whom lost their loved ones. 

5 hours ago, metisdead said:

A post containing a link to Bangkok Post has been removed:

26) The Bangkok Post and Phuketwan do not allow quotes from their news articles or other material to appear on Thaivisa.com. Neither do they allow links to their publications. Posts from members containing quotes from or links to Bangkok Post or Phuketwan publications will be deleted from the forum.

Off topic trolling posts and the replies have been removed. 

Apologies. Wasn't aware about the policy re BKK Post as its been 15 years since I returned to contribute. Will keep this in mind for future contributions. Thanks for the heads up.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I would say he was in debt as many are and his commander shafting him of 50,000 baht broker fee tipped the scales and he went ' off the rails ' so to speak. 

nothing more nothing less  .....

it's got absolutely nothing to do with the US or the thai government so any connection is nonsense.

He went berserk and that's that.  imo

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

You can see that all our senior officers of the government have been assigned here," Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul told reporters....

Then why are there no photographs of the Prime Minister and his Watchkeeper?

7 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Even the TAT will have a hard job spinning this. Whatever chance the Thai tourism had this year, that's the last nail in the coffin

Does not scare me...

This could have happened almost any country in the world, most people in the shopping mall got out alive, of the fatalities how many were shoot in the mall excluding security forces? and how many thousands would have been in the mall at 18:00 on a Saturday afternoon?

So where would you recommend that would be safer??? USA???

• Like 1

Just now, Basil B said:

Does not scare me...

This could have happened almost any country in the world, most people in the shopping mall got out alive, of the fatalities how many were shoot in the mall excluding security forces? and how many thousands would have been in the mall at 18:00 on a Saturday afternoon?

So where would you recommend that would be safer??? USA???

Won’t stop me either. As you have stated, it’s a unfortunate incident that unfortunately could happen anywhere. Time to heal now. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Brewster67 said:

Wife's cousin has now been freed by special forces after a 7 hour ordeal she will likely be haunted by for the rest of her days.

Up to now the death tally is 21, you really have to gasp at the irony it happened in a shopping mall called 'Terminal 21'.

RIP.

I hope the wife's cousin is ok after such a terrifying ordeal. She will have to try to put this horrible experience behind her and move on. I hope everyone else in your family is good and not near the mall.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, les Dennis said:

As I personally have never met anyone that actually voted for him, I wouldnt imagine they would be too pleased to see him !

I do not care what ever people think about him, he is representing a country that is feeling for them...

Edited by Basil B
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, les Dennis said:
1 hour ago, Basil B said:

It has been stated on the BBC the PM has been visiting the injured in hospital...

As I personally have never met anyone that actually voted for him, I wouldnt imagine they would be too pleased to see him !

Ok, so he would be wrong not to visit the injured, but he's wrong if he does. Got it :coffee1:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, les Dennis said:

Don't know where you come from, but I bet you NEVER voted a PM into office!

Or for that matter, a government.

Or any minister.

• Confused 1