Activating Windows10.

NoshowJones

1 minute ago, Eindhoven said:

We have no idea

Why do you always write "we"?

If you have no idea then just write that you have no idea. And if you have no idea then maybe it's best that you don't write at all otherwise we might get the idea that you have no idea.

The OP does not want to do it himself even if you think it's easy. What's so difficult to understand about that?

There are computer professionals in Thailand. You don't have to go to a random shop and hope for the best.

• Like 1

Just now, KhunBENQ said:

Just looked it up.

At the shop where I bought the current price is 27.99 Euro (~960 Baht, ~30 USD).

But indeed without proper analysis on the laptop it might be useless e.g. if the shop just did some hack instead of using the license.

Exactly. All the naysayers here are simply assuming the problem is with key entry, without having the slightest amount of background on the problem.

Mostly useless 'advice'.

We need to know more or simply run a clean install and try the product code again then, before running out and spending thousands on another key.

Just now, Don Mega said:

And what advice/help can you offer someone who is not capable of entering an activation key let alone performing a clean install other than take it to a shop ?

To guide them through the process, step by step and not to offer simplistic and asinine suggestions.

44 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Great information, thanks.

So as you can see, even though OMF tries to argue with me, he even agrees that the computer shop could have reused your licence.

Which is just another reason why you need to learn to do things for yourself, with the help of members here.

As you can see, some just prefer to argue with me, rather than to help you.

Inferiority complexes I guess. Notwithstanding they neither have the knowledge nor wit...

So if you really want the best advice, take note of my posts. They get straight to the point. Petty jealousy doesn't change that.

Learn with our help, how to install and activate your own OS. That way you are in control of what is on your PC. This is especially important for novices like yourself.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

And you need to stop telling other people what they should do.

Why should he trust you, a stranger on the internet, more than a guy in a shop who likely will continue to work in that shop?

I don't trust computer advice from strangers on the internet because there are lots of people who have a) no idea what they are talking about or  b) they intentionally give wrong information.

I'll reply to your attempt at Trolling this once....

I tell people what to do, because without a doubt, I am the most experienced on this board when it comes to this kind of thing.

I have assisted thousands, possibly tens of thousands, with their activation issues and other technical problems.

People download my technical solutions and firmware by the tens of thousands.

So whilst I almost never write about my credentials, I have little doubt that there are few here who can match my knowledge.

So I don't need to care about posters with inferiority complexes who feel the need to Troll when I post authoritatively. I know my subject, having done it thousands of times before.

I dealt with hundreds of novices who felt that there was no way they could do it and now they are showing others how to do it.

So you, my friend, don't figure at all. No you go on and have a nice day.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, JustAnotherHun said:

If you go to a thai shop to activate your OS you can be quite sure your PC is infected.

Just buy a key at a trusted internet shop and activate yourself. it's done in a minute.

"Trusted internet shop". You are funny, ????

1 hour ago, Eindhoven said:

This covers my point exactly. We have no idea as to what they have installed to your laptop and neither do you.

Which is why you should at least try to learn how to do simple tasks such as these, in order to protect yourself.

Troll-like advice suggesting you spend thousands on a new licence and to take it to a shop isn't doing you any favours.

You have people here actually trying to help. The others are simply fobbing you off with careless 'advice'.

OMF is one of our more helpful posters, he comes on here with lots of help to posters about different things, and has given me good advice in the past, this laptop is only for back up to my Lenovo, and there is no way I will spend hundreds, never mind Thousands on a licence.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

OMF is one of our more helpful posters, he comes on here with lots of help to posters about different things, and has given me good advice in the past, this laptop is only for back up to my Lenovo, and there is no way I will spend hundreds, never mind Thousands on a licence.

How much have you spent on it so far?

Is it working? No.

No good giving advice if it doesn't work. You need a step by step guide to get it working.

I guess you need to decide if you want to get it working or if you just want a thread full of useless 'advice'.

So far it's been buy an expensive licence, take it to a shop and call Microsoft Thailand.

Which has helped you?

Forty three posts and no progress at all.

I'm out. ????

3 minutes ago, Eindhoven said:

How much have you spent on it so far?

Is it working? No.

No good giving advice if it doesn't work. You need a step by step guide to get it working.

I guess you need to decide if you want to get it working or if you just want a thread full of useless 'advice'.

So far it's been buy an expensive licence, take it to a shop and call Microsoft Thailand.

Which has helped you?

Forty three posts and no progress at all.

I'm out. ????

"Forty three posts and no progress at all."  Don't be to sure about that, I have had a good few positive answers, plus

a PM with some good help.

1 minute ago, possum1931 said:

"Forty three posts and no progress at all."  Don't be to sure about that, I have had a good few positive answers, plus

a PM with some good help.

So if you are sorted, that's good. Which solution was it that worked?

I wouldn't be surprised if someone offers a hack in the form of KMSpico.