Leading from the front! National Thai police chief praised on the ground role as bullets fly in Korat

webfact

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Chakthip - a graduate of the FBI's crack counter terrorism teams - was leading from the front along with his son Pol Capt Chanan Chaijinda.

Ohhhhhh Boyyyyy!!!!   This kind of Thai media publicity, you can't pay for...

But then on second thought, actually you probably can!  :whistling:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

They had a long time to get him before he made it to the mall.

He was driving a hummer, and had already killed at least 4 people.  He was doing driving the streets for at least one and a half hours?

the situation at the mall was very complex.  I just don’t think he should have made it there.  A helicopter, blocking roads, and a large police contingency likely would have stopped him in good time.

Edited by Redline
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Redline said:

They had a long time to get him before he made it to the mall.

He was driving a hummer, and had already killed at least 4 people.  He was doing driving the streets for at least one and a half hours?

You're absolutely right; I made a similar remark in another post;
and it reminds me of what Mr. Prayuth said on TV, in total contradiction with the truth, of course.
According to him, the army did not commit any fault by letting the killer steal weapons, ammunition and a vehicle.
Ah yes ?
I would like to know why ...

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

42 minutes ago, Assurancetourix said:

You're absolutely right; I made a similar remark in another post;
and it reminds me of what Mr. Prayuth said on TV, in total contradiction with the truth, of course.
According to him, the army did not commit any fault by letting the killer steal weapons, ammunition and a vehicle.
Ah yes ?
I would like to know why ...

The fact that it’s normal to leave the bass with weapons and a vehicle should be a wake up cal to everyone.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

This is what I would call "Trump praise" - in other words, publicity that goes down well with those who don't think about it too much.

The real issue is that the boss should have an overview of what is happening. And one should never send in a SWAT team where two people are related, especially father and son. That is just madness.

5 hours ago, z42 said:

I don't buy the praise. The fact that so many were killed in the mall should be no cause for heaping praise on a guy who seems to love the limelight more than anyone.

The real heroes are the guys who stay humble and do the riskiest work for the pittance salaries because they believe in protection and service.

This billion dollar chief appears as just a show pony. But at least to his credit, he played a role, unlike Apirat.

Exactly ! Any other country would have started to wonder why they have been so lame, but critical thinking is not yet arrived in Thailand.

Poor them...

My condolences to all the families of people who have been killed because cops here only know how to get bribes on the road instead of being really useful once in their life.

• Like 1

What a load of selfish and stupid things to do.

It undermines the local command structure, makes people wait until he's on the ground. It takes him outside his role as head of the Police. Puts the Special Forces and everyone else at a disadvantage and at risk as he hasn't trained with them.

He's one of the last people who should be anywhere near the incident. He has divisional commanders to deal with this. He doesn't trust them? He wants to be on the ground at every major incident, where was he when the good store was robbed? Where is he when the Southern provinces kick off?

Why isn't he concentrating on what heads of National Police forces do?

• Like 2