US Navy boat not coming to Pattaya?

Kenny202

I read somewhere last week a US Navy boat due to dock at Pattaya this week. And I saw  story this afternoon saying because the big cruise ship got turned away, the Navy assumed they would also be turned away, made no contact with Thai port authorities and continued on to Cambodia? Sounds a bit far fetched? Is it true?

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, ukrules said:

If I was president of the US I would make sure the ship goes to Cambodia

The leader of Cambodia pretty much hates America now days. Best for Americans to take  heed. I could be wrong but I haven't heard anything I'd consider positive out of Cambodia leadership in quite a while.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Suradit69 said:

Maybe they discovered there was no dock in Pattaya big enough.

I thought they came to Pattaya once a year. Have had friends come here complaining they would never come again with all the sailors around. Prices tripled even of you could find a girl. Maybe they dock at Rayong or a larger port?

12 minutes ago, Kenny202 said:

I thought they came to Pattaya once a year. Have had friends come here complaining they would never come again with all the sailors around. Prices tripled even of you could find a girl. Maybe they dock at Rayong or a larger port?

They may anchor aways out or possibly  Laem Chabang.    .

yes the sailors have come to Pattaya often. Their presence is impossible to miss, but no US Navy boat is going to DOCK in Pattaya unless it's a dinghy.

Edited by Suradit69

11 minutes ago, Kenny202 said:

your friends must not have been very creative in their choice of venues

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Kenny202 said:

You're not confusing the US Navy ship with the US cruise ship that wasn't allowed to dock in Thailand but went to Cambodia where they were allowed by the Cambodian government? 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

You're not confusing the US Navy ship with the US cruise ship that wasn't allowed to dock in Thailand but went to Cambodia where they were allowed by the Cambodian government? 

The US Cruise ship you refer to, MV Westerdam ,is a Dutch vessel and should be moored in Sihanoukville.

• Like 1

According to article arriving this month. Highly restricted shore leave.

The 39th annual Cobra Gold military exercise will be held from February 24 to March 6 with 4,000 US personnel, three navy ships and one commercial vessel. 

https://thethaiger.com/news/pattaya/pattaya-welcomes-4000-us-soldiers-for-cobra-gold-in-february

Edited by DJ54
Added

Cobra Gold has been diminishing in scale and scope for many years running.  So much so I don't know why it even gets much of a mention anymore.  It's mostly window dressing with some flowery statement as to "coordinating responses against natural disasters" or some such.  As a real military operation it has all but ended.

17 hours ago, johng said:

They used to  anchor in Pattaya bay then  smaller boats would ferry the sailors onto Pattaya beach where there where banners and a welcoming committee ( of bar girls)

This was the time they had there own pier about 100 meters from WS ?