Jim Carrey branded ‘sleazy’ after telling female reporter ‘you’re the only thing left to do’ in interview

snoop1130

Jim Carrey branded ‘sleazy’ after telling female reporter ‘you’re the only thing left to do’ in interview

By Mary Gallagher

sdf.PNG

Jim Carrey told a female reporter 'you're the only thing left to do' during and interview on camera in London on Tuesday

JIM Carrey has come under fire for telling a female reporter yesterday "you're the only thing left to do" during a film interview.

The Hollywood actor, 58, made the jarring remark at the end of the chat, when the journalist asked: "What is left of your bucket list?"

Interviewer Charlotte Long, a journalist for Heat in the UK, replied: "I don't know what to say to that."

Carrey shot back: "I know. Just own it."

Full Story: https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/10954361/jim-carrey-says-youre-the-only-thing-left-to-do-to-female-reporter-during-film-interview/

7 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

It really wasn’t funny. 
Offensive, arrogant and crass, yes, funny, no. 

Didn't see the clip, but Jim is one of my comedy heroes (and very good in his serious movies too, The Truman Show and Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind).

Ace Ventura and his Yes Man, Liar Liar and Me, Myself and Irene characters, made me laugh a lot so he has a lot of credit with me. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Did you watch it? The link to the video is above.

Yes I have, and the fact he made the comment (just you” is no better than “just you to do” it equates to the same thing) is what I find crass. 

As to the reporter laughing, there was no joy in it. 

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

No. I am not reading your edited post. Because the idea about that edit function is to correct typos and things like that.

If you changed your opinion after you saw the video then just post a new message.

There is nothing crass in that short video.

I think the edit button is for editing and the choice of what to edit is that of the one doing the editing alone.

I haven’t changed my opinion at all, if anything watching the clip reinforced it, which you would see if you read the post.

I found Carey’s comments to be crass and as I said, rather sad. 

Edited by Bluespunk
Double quoted for some reason
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 4

6 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

I haven’t changed my opinion at all, if anything watching the clip reinforced it, which you would see if you read the post.

I found Carey’s comments to be crass and as I said, rather sad. 

You are entitled to your opinion, just as I am entitled to mine.

Note: I also find your motto funny, but have to admit I have a weird sense of humor...

7 minutes ago, tgw said:

you are bound to find offensive stuff in anything written by man, except lego montage instructions and medicine leaflets.

I read a lot, I choose my reading material well and safe to say am rarely offended by it. 

Edited by Bluespunk

9 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

I read a lot, I choose my reading material well and safe to say am rarely offended by it. 

If you arent offended by stuff you read, then you are in a bubble of your own making.

8 hours ago, Airalee said:

I wonder what it must feel like to be so offended all the time.

Yeah dude, it seems like folks just walk around wanting to be miserable. Heres my take:

1. Hes a washed up comedian that by his own admission has suffered from mental illness, and he always was puerile and offensive as well as loony, thats what made him funny.

2. He made a joke. Jokes are just words.

3. Now, with his new movie coming, hes in the limelight.

Lets not talk about how he was a hero when he was screeching at the Presdient via his art. I wonder if he ever critized Trump for sexist remarks LOL.

• Like 2

I rather like the story in today's Australian Financial Review about the older female service station worker who was sacked for agreeing with "lewd" comments about a young make customer made by her female colleague. These included "I wouldn't mind him coming between my legs; he'd just have to clean to cobwebs out". Unfortunately most of it's behind a paywall but the link is https://www.afr.com/work-and-careers/workplace/female-worker-unfairly-sacked-over-sexual-objectification-20200213-p540gu

The Fair Work Commission ordered her reinstatement