Jim Carrey branded ‘sleazy’ after telling female reporter ‘you’re the only thing left to do’ in interview

snoop1130

13 minutes ago, ThaiBunny said:

I rather like the story in today's Australian Financial Review about the older female service station worker who was sacked for agreeing with "lewd" comments about a young make customer made by her female colleague. These included "I wouldn't mind him coming between my legs; he'd just have to clean to cobwebs out". Unfortunately most of it's behind a paywall but the link is https://www.afr.com/work-and-careers/workplace/female-worker-unfairly-sacked-over-sexual-objectification-20200213-p540gu

The Fair Work Commission ordered her reinstatement

Thats pretty funny Id pee my pants if I heard that

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, madmen said:

Very funny and very intelligent man. But on camera? He slipped up on that one 

Just watched the clip and didn't see anything offensive at all.  The thread title is completely off-the-mark as he didn't say it like that.  And I'm not a big fan of Jim Carrey.  Everybody (well, those offended) needs to get a grip. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Nope. I just make sure I don’t read <deleted>. 

How I wish I could sit on the Throne of Moral Superiority like you do. Must be lonely as well as narrow minded up there. 

Me, Im just a happy fat guy laughing at fart jokes, leering at women and having a great day! 

• Like 1

Just now, Nyezhov said:

How I wish I could sit on the Throne of Moral Superiority like you do. Must be lonely as well as narrow minded up there. 

Me, Im just a happy fat guy laughing at fart jokes, leering at women and having a great day! 

“How I wish I could sit on the Throne of Moral Superiority like you do. Must be lonely as well as narrow minded up there.”

Nope. 

2 hours ago, Emdog said:

Sounds like a line his character in "The Mask" might say.

Jeez people, lighten up. It wasn't a "scripted" moment, it was off the cuff. Comedians do warm ups at smaller clubs to develop material before hitting the big venues. "Just you" is like one of those attempts that don't make it to big shows.

As countless inteviewees have said, comedy is about pushing the edge and doubtless some people will be offended.

Get over it and or develop a sense of humor. It was funny. It was harmless

Agree , I saw a comment somewhere recently , don't recall where . chap says to a girl  ' Is it hot in here or is it just you '.

Have used it myself , not offended anyone as yet I think.

• Like 2

I made a short transcript from this part of the interview

Journalist: ... Is there anything still left on your bucket list ?

Jim: Just you

Journalist: *laugh* wow

Jim: That's it, it's all done now

Journalist: Wow i don't know what to say to that

Jim: just own it

No mention of doing the journalist in there, it's not comedy gold and certainly awkward (purposefully ?) but the reporting is deceiving. I am not a native english speaker but when looking up "sleazy" it sounds harsh and offense looks forcefully taken in this case.

16 hours ago, Peter Denis said:

This was a funny remark from a Funny Guy, but in these overly politically correct MeToo days not allowed any more.

For me in comedy, anything is allowed as long as it is funny.

Yes, I am also a Ricky Gervais fan...

In particular, you said 'For me in comedy, anything is allowed as long as it is funny.

Yes, I am also a Ricky Gervais fan......'

I agree but I recognise we're all different in our likes and dislikes, including comedy material. Personally, I find it funny when the likes of Jimmy Carr, Al Murray and Frankie Boyle rip into people in the audience, but I appreciate many would not like it and that is their right. However, it is not their right to criticise me for liking what I like and maybe not liking what they like.

Carrey has been described on this thread as 'crass, unfunny' etc.etc. So what? It's just an opinion which I can't subscribe in this case because I haven't watched the clip. Why not? I started to watch The Mask some years ago, couldn't stand it, crass and unfunny (for me), switched it off. Just my opinion so no need for anyone to be offended, but if you are offended I really don't give a monkey's.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Pet Detective was good, The Mask was OK.

Everything else was rubbish, and from looking at pictures of the women, he has not taste in women.

If you're gonna sexually harass a woman, at least pick on a slim, young and attractive one.

You've been in Thailand too long.  Sure she's not a 21-year old hottie with a tanned hardbody that we've come to love.  But I'd do her.

Note to all the feminists:  That's a complement! 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

You've been in Thailand too long.

You're right, we've been spoiled out here.

Back home she would have been twice as good as I could get, here she'd be half as good as I'd take home.

But then I'm not a famous and wealthy movie star, he should be able to fish in a much bigger pond.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Airalee said:

Yeah...but why do they want to be miserable.  And why make a public (albeit anonymously online) spectacle about it? Is it perhaps a way that clinical depression manifests itself?

Are the perpetually offended that way in real life?  

If I crack an “offensive” joke, will they “pull me up” immediately then and there?  Or will they fake niceness only to later backstab me?

And why on earth would they want to come to Thailand, the land of the politically incorrect, in the first place?  I thought people moved here so they could get away from all the miserable people back in the west with their constant fighting over whatever the “ism” du jour might be.

Speaking of (probably) washed up offensive comedians...what ever happened to Dice?

he's done some pretty good podcasts with Joe Rogen on YT

• Like 1