Immigration's BMW "smart car" nabs snitched on overstaying Australian pensioner - he thought hiding in a country village would keep him safe

rooster59

there is a rather unpleasant racist undertone on this thread, people see this man's illegal immigration status as forgivable and claim he is a "victim" whilst at the same time they vilify and abuse immigrants in their own/home countries.

a very unpleasant thing to read.

Edited by Airbagwill
  • Confused 1

• 2 months later...
On 2/15/2020 at 10:38 AM, Grumpy John said:

It took my wife 9 years to figure out I was from Australia, not from Austria!   And that's after 3 trips down there!  It got tiring explaining Australia is between Indonesia and New Zealand......and Austria is next to Yermany. 

My wife figured out where Australia was when she looked at the map on the screen on the first flight we took to Australia. But ask her where provinces are in Thailand and she doesn't know. Just tells me if I want to know look it up on Google maps.

Not sure what this has to do with any 'special' BMW car, the poor sod was dobbed in by some of his co-villagers. Doubtless some of the Thais he sought to befriend... wouldn't be the first time. Being a Thai-o-phile isn't without it's downsides...

Still, another win for superior Thai technology :cheesy: - for all the benefits the super-expensive BMW provided, they might as well have gone to arrest him on a Honda 100cc. At least they would have blended in.

27 minutes ago, ParkerN said:

the poor sod was dobbed in by some of his co-villagers.

Why would he confide in Thai locals that he was on overstay? I doubt they'd know where an immigration office was. Let alone immigration rules.

Edited by IvorBiggun2

On 2/15/2020 at 9:08 AM, rooster59 said:

after he was snitched on by fellow villagers.

From experience I can tell you these villagers  do  nothing but stir  up trouble and make up stories  all day  long, I have nothing to do with them where I  live.

On 2/15/2020 at 9:45 AM, Psimbo said:

All this angst on many threads over the type of vehicle they are using. In the big scheme of things who gives a toss what sort of car they have? If I'm travelling long distances around the country I'd want a bit of comfort instead of a Hilux as well.

Get over it. 

Because tax payers  money knows BMW and Tata which could  both do the job are priced the same.

2 hours ago, Airbagwill said:

illegal immigrant...why would one be so arrogant as to presume otherwise?

Why indeed?

May I ask as to what what your vested interest in the case might be?

Considering that the thread is months old and pre-Covid19..almost prehistoric so to speak.

Edited by Odysseus123
  • Like 1

On 5/15/2020 at 10:42 AM, Odysseus123 said:

Why indeed?

May I ask as to what what your vested interest in the case might be?

Considering that the thread is months old and pre-Covid19..almost prehistoric so to speak.

No you may not