Jump to content

Immigration's BMW "smart car" nabs snitched on overstaying Australian pensioner - he thought hiding in a country village would keep him safe


rooster59

Recommended Posts

Immigration's BMW "smart car" nabs snitched on overstaying Australian pensioner - he thought hiding in a country village would keep him safe

 

เฒ่าแดนจิงโจ้อยู่เกินจนมุมรถไฟฟ้าตรวจการณ์อัจฉริยะ.jpg

Image: INN

 

Thai media has reported the arrest on overstay of a 63 year old Australian pensioner. He was hiding out in a quiet country village in Thailand's rural north east.

 

But 63 year old Mr Daniel proved no match for immgration's BMW Smart car after he was snitched on by fellow villagers.

 

INN reported that the "hiding kangeroo" told arresting officers that he hoped by keeping a low profile he would avoid detection.

 

The media said that Region 4 immigration had received a tip that a foreigner was wandering about in the Khanun area of Sisaket, though the informant did not know the man's actual address.

 

The BMW smart patrol car was sent in to investigate and a man later identified as Mr Daniel was seen walking in Ban Na Sai village.

 

A check of his passport showed he had an extension stamp from early last year. But he was now on overstay of 356 days.

 

He reportedly admitted his wrongdoing. He said that he hoped by hiding out in a small, rural village and avoiding built up areas and big cities he would go unnoticed.

 

He was handed over to the local police for processing.

 

A vinyl board had a heading indicating that the suspect was a "hiding kangeroo" and INN referred to the arrested man as "from the land of kangeroos" in their headline.

 

Source: INN

 

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-02-15
Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

But 63 year old Mr Daniel proved no match for immgration's BMW Smart car after he was snitched on by fellow villagers

What does this even mean? He was snitched on. That’s how immigration suspected he was on overstay. What on god’s green earth does a waste-of-money BMW have to do with it? Other than the fact that the immigration officers could have been driving a tuk tuk and it would have made zero difference to the outcome. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

"A vinyl board had a heading indicating that the suspect was a "hiding kangeroo" and INN referred to the arrested man as "from the land of kangeroos" in their headline."

 

This is a good development to avoid mixing up Australia and Austria. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

But 63 year old Mr Daniel proved no match for immgration's BMW Smart car after he was snitched on by fellow villagers.

 

63 year old pensioner, WOW, last check, you had to be 67 + to get the pension in the land of Oz. Maybe he is on a disability pension ?

 

I can tell you one thing, if these clowns think they are funny by claiming this guy to be a hiding kangaroo because of his nationality, it just goes to show how pathetic and child like minds they have, real "racists" trying to justify the taxpayer dollars spent for their BMW ride.

Link to post
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

The media said that Region 4 immigration had received a tip that a foreigner was wandering about in the Khanun area of Sisaket, though the informant did not know the man's actual address

Have you seen a Farang wandering aimlessly around? 

 

You don't know where he lives?

 

If the answer is yes to both the above questions then he is almost certainly an overstayer.

 

Call 1178 Immediately. Our BMW smart car is already on its way! 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

The media said that Region 4 immigration had received a tip that a foreigner was wandering about in the Khanun area of Sisaket, though the informant did not know the man's actual address.

 

This is very hard to believe. So Thais are now supposed to report if they see any farang 'wandering around'? And then the IO will send the batmobile to investigate? Nonsense.

Link to post
Share on other sites

All this angst on many threads over the type of vehicle they are using. In the big scheme of things who gives a toss what sort of car they have? If I'm travelling long distances around the country I'd want a bit of comfort instead of a Hilux as well.

 

Get over it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

63 year old pensioner, WOW, last check, you had to be 67 + to get the pension in the land of Oz. Maybe he is on a disability pension ?

 

I can tell you one thing, if these clowns think they are funny by claiming this guy to be a hiding kangaroo because of his nationality, it just goes to show how pathetic and child like minds they have, real "racists" trying to justify the taxpayer dollars spent for their BMW ride.

from the land of buffalo 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Why do these people insist on overstaying knowing very well that the long arm of the law will eventually catch up with them? I can’t imagine that it would be a comfortable existence, having to look over your shoulder all the time. 
Could it be that they are fugitives from their own country? If so, then Thai immigration is doing everyone a big favor by rounding them up. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

To me it just shows he's not very smart he would stand out like a spare <deleted> at a wedding in sticky rice land he would be better off in a big city where he would just blend in, but then again he is an Aussie.

Hope the person who grassed him up feels a lot better now could have been a fellow Aussie

Link to post
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, lujanit said:

I wonder how many foreigners have been reported by xenophobic thais to Immigration.

i expect every white face is reported repeatedly and 99% of the time immigration respond to say they are here legally

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, cyril sneer said:

i expect every white face is reported repeatedly and 99% of the time immigration respond to say they are here legally

I suspect it's not always Thai's doing it 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't quite get this smart car business. Why do they need to spend big bucks on beemers kitted out with technology when a simple, "may I see your passport" would have the same end result and cost several millions less, perhaps I'm missing something. Oh, you don't have your passport with you, how about some ID. You don't have any on you, that's an offense, do you live locally....you know how the story goes. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

If anything, overstayers should be welcomed, after all they must still live and so spend money.

 

Tourism down, people loosing employment and yet they are kicking out overstaters that help bolster local Thai economies.

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, saengd said:

I don't quite get this smart car business. Why do they need to spend big bucks on beemers kitted out with technology when a simple, "may I see your passport" would have the same end result and cost several millions less, perhaps I'm missing something. Oh, you don't have your passport with you, how about some ID. You don't have any on you, that's an offense, do you live locally....you know how the story goes. 

It has the Bio metrics on board instant recognition dont need to ask Im not sure if it's automatic  I agree they dont need BMW's to do that just a simple phone app would do 

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Beggar said:

"A vinyl board had a heading indicating that the suspect was a "hiding kangeroo" and INN referred to the arrested man as "from the land of kangeroos" in their headline."

 

This is a good development to avoid mixing up Australia and Austria. 

It took my wife 9 years to figure out I was from Australia, not from Austria!   And that's after 3 trips down there!  It got tiring explaining Australia is between Indonesia and New Zealand......and Austria is next to Yermany. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess you can call that bimmer ze snitchwagon from now on. Works fine, as long as some Thai neighbour identifies the evil farang and calls the farangbusters first.

 

In other words, the car had sod all to do with it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I will be fully compliant with their (current) rules when  I retire permanently.  I have also increased their financial requirements by a factor of 2 just incase.

 

If I could wind the the clock back I would not invest (I mean spend) the considerable amount of money that I have done in Thailand. (House multiple  cars bikes land).

 

I have time. I am planning an alternative for my retirement.  Those with sufficient money and time should do the same.

 

The assmaaart beamer and the government minister's attitude towards *** farang is ample demonstration why this approach is required. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Grumpy John said:

It took my wife 9 years to figure out I was from Australia, not from Austria!   And that's after 3 trips down there!  It got tiring explaining Australia is between Indonesia and New Zealand......and Austria is next to Yermany. 

Why bother?

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, maprao said:

I will be fully compliant with their rules when  retire permanently.  I have also increased their financial requirements by a factor of 2 just incase.

 

If I could wind the the clock back. I would not invest (I mean spend) the considerable amount of money that I have done in Thailand. 

 

I have time. I am planning an alternative fir my retirement.  Those with sufficient money and time should do the same.

Many time I wish I had gone west instead of east 

Link to post
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, Gweiloman said:

Why do these people insist on overstaying knowing very well that the long arm of the law will eventually catch up with them? I can’t imagine that it would be a comfortable existence, having to look over your shoulder all the time. 
Could it be that they are fugitives from their own country? If so, then Thai immigration is doing everyone a big favor by rounding them up. 

You didn't get the point. This Aussie thought he'd be fine living a quiet life in the rural north east. Obviously he didn't think or know he would be caught. He also wasn't looking over his shoulders as he thought he was safe. He didn't count on Smart BMWs coming after him LOL. At the end of the day, they are doing him a favour. He'll be much better off in Australia without being surrounded by a bunch of xenophobic nitwits who somehow learned there are kangaroos in Australia and that they hop.

 

I'd put money down a scorned ex-girlfriend turned him in.

Link to post
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, tropo said:

xenophobic nitwits who somehow learned there are kangaroos in Australia and that they hop.

 

 

They dont know what they are Kangaloo

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...