Thai attacked over coronavirus ‘Asian prejudice’ in London

snoop1130

4 minutes ago, dcnx said:

Let me guess, taxis always use their meters, you’ve never been double charged, you’ve never witnessed any wrong doing by the police, you think the roads are safe, and everyone in your village respects you and calls you Khun.

My glass is always half full ! Until it isn't and then I refill it. 

Edited by URMySunshine

23 hours ago, ParkerN said:

I've seen how Thais are treated in USA (for example). I don't think I would like it if it were me.

Still, racism based on the Covid-19 virus seems a little extreme...

How exactly are Thais treated in the USA ?, or is this just another moronic comment.

7 minutes ago, ParkerN said:

Well, no need for all the intellectualising and long, mostly meaningless words - mostly wokery. I agree with the poster who noticed that the UK press did not say the attackers were white, which, given the current climate in UK probably means he/they were non-white. If he/they were white, it would definitely have been said. The likelihood is therefore Asian or African descent. Given the emphasis on 'Ásian' in the article,  one could also assume the attacker was not Asian - which leaves... ?, which would fit with the prevailing culture in London right now (one of the major reasons I left the UK in the first place, for what that's worth).

Factors you should consider... from the world capital of woke - if you are trying to be fashionably woke yourself... *rolls eyes*.

Ok get it a non ethnic-Brit did it (probably) - standard Breitbart fodder (rolls eyes too!).  Sorry about the big words my education is creeping through. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whataboutism

Edited by URMySunshine
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, URMySunshine said:

I've lived there for over 30 years as has my brother and neither of us has been a victim of violent or indeed any other crime. 

Well maybe your lucky I have 2 relatives beat up and mugged in London.

The amount of muggings and pickpocketing in London has risen by 56 per cent in the past three years.

Figures from the Metropolitan Police and the Mayor’s Office for Policing and Crime dashboard show there were 53,966 reported incidents of “theft from person” between August 2018 and September 2019.

https://www.cityam.com/muggings-and-robbery-have-shot-up-in-london-since-2015/

Edited by monkfish
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, monkfish said:

Well maybe your lucky I have 2 relatives beat up and mugged in London.

The amount of muggings and pickpocketing in London has risen by 56 per cent in the past three years.

Figures from the Metropolitan Police and the Mayor’s Office for Policing and Crime dashboard show there were 53,966 reported incidents of “theft from person” between August 2018 and September 2019.

https://www.cityam.com/muggings-and-robbery-have-shot-up-in-london-since-2015/

Sorry to hear that - that said I'm careful where I go or walk late at night and am aware of my surroundings and don't use a mobile phone in public or show any apparent wealth that might attract undue attention from neerdowells.

21 minutes ago, URMySunshine said:

Sorry to hear that - that said I'm careful where I go or walk late at night and am aware of my surroundings and don't use a mobile phone in public or show any apparent wealth that might attract undue attention from neerdowells.

Yes you probably got to have something they want.

• Thanks 1

Using Coronavirus as an excuse for robbery.

The fact is, in the US "Flu deaths are up more than 65% so far in 2020, with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reporting that 4,800 people had died and 87,000 people had been hospitalized." (abcNews 14 February 2020)

COVID-19 CORONAVIRUS OUTBREAK
Last updated: February 18, 2020
Total number worldwide:
Coronavirus Cases: 73,435
Deaths: 1,874
Recovered: 13,116

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Janner1 said:

IF this is true reporting I can assure you that the British police will try very hard to find the perpetrator “s” and   Press charges of racial attack and grievous bodily harm and him /they will go to prison.

We do not do wais in England where racism and bodily harm are treated severely with every possibility for the victim to sue the perps for compensation once found guilty.

We proudly have a police force in England that does it’s job

So you just assumed their gender. What if they identify themselves as a she/her? 

????????????????

• Sad 2

3 minutes ago, lovethai123 said:

So you just assumed their gender. What if they identify themselves as a she/her? 

One did not assume anything and if you learn to read properly you may just notice that I used the general gender term “THEY”

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Morty T said:

How exactly are Thais treated in the USA ?, or is this just another moronic comment.

Don't be rude, friend, keep it civil or take a hike.

Thais are not welcome in the USA, though it's some years since I went there. Took me 10 minutes or so to get through immigration while my Thai friend took over an hour. The reason they're not welcome is the number that enter USA and then 'disappear'. It seems to be a problem.

16 minutes ago, Perhaps2more said:

Using Coronavirus as an excuse for robbery.

The fact is, in the US "Flu deaths are up more than 65% so far in 2020, with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reporting that 4,800 people had died and 87,000 people had been hospitalized." (abcNews 14 February 2020)

COVID-19 CORONAVIRUS OUTBREAK
Last updated: February 18, 2020
Total number worldwide:
Coronavirus Cases: 73,435
Deaths: 1,874
Recovered: 13,116

Stop trying to bring perspective into an irrational debate,it's against the rules.You also forgot the 10 fold estimate of undetected infections which would bring the fatality rate to 0.25%  which is about 0.13% higher than normal flu numbers.

Edited by FarFlungFalang
  • Like 1

Just now, ParkerN said:

Thais are not welcome in the USA, though it's some years since I went there. Took me 10 minutes or so to get through immigration while my Thai friend took over an hour. The reason they're not welcome is the number that enter USA and then 'disappear'. It seems to be a problem.

They disappear to thaiify the us and teach them some thai as thai would be the number 1 language in 10 years. 

• Haha 1

London is one of the worst racism city . I lived in London for 8 yrs. I had so many bad experience there. I think because I am a skinny , small Chinese., I am always the target . Almost at least once a week.  Not even the people in London, but also immigration at Dover . I came back from France , when I arrived at Dover immigration, I gave my passport to the female officer, she threw my passport on the floor and told me to leave because she could not see my visa in the passport, I told her I had student visa , she said " get your passport up and show me " She was rude. Everybody behind me was shocked .   Once I went to Victoria station  to get the train to Croydon, as I was in rush so I asked few people who worked at the station, i knew they were staffs because they had the uniform so I asked them which was the perform to get train to Croydon. My God ! everyone of them swore at me and one called me " Foreign Baster , <deleted> Off"  After these incident I decided to leave UK and would not back to Uk anymore.   

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3

26 minutes ago, lovethai123 said:

They disappear to thaiify the us and teach them some thai as thai would be the number 1 language in 10 years. 

Last response. No, they disappear for the same reason they disappear in Japan or Korea or Europe, so they can work without a permit and live outside of Thailand without permission. Thais are not welcome because they think the law does not apply to them, so naturally, the USA customs look at their documentation and money very carefully. This is no different from the UK, who also treat Thais with scepticism for the same reasons. Many countries do not welcome Thais. Understandably. Thais think they are special but they just aren't unless you take 'special' to mean poorly educated, and generally uncaring about the laws in their destination country. They appear to think all countries are just like Thailand. There are even some cases of rich Thais trying to bribe traffic cops in USA, after being pulled over. Mistake.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, ParkerN said:

Well from what I can tell it is probably very justified. A huge amount of Thais overstay in South Korea where they can spend 90 days without visa and work illegally. They are willing to take the risk of flying into the country even though they know very well that many are denied entry. Most Thais I know would like to go to work abroad in a higher salary country.

4 minutes ago, rabang said:

Well from what I can tell it is probably very justified. A huge amount of Thais overstay in South Korea where they can spend 90 days without visa and work illegally. They are willing to take the risk of flying into the country even though they know very well that many are denied entry. Most Thais I know would like to go to work abroad in a higher salary country.

With the poor English skills and lack of a college degree plus a bad attitude and fake sense of pride would get them only 2 jobs

1. Massage

2. Handsome man. Go with you. 

????????????????

Edited by lovethai123
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, lovethai123 said:

With the poor English skills and lack of a college degree plus a bad attitude and fake sense of pride would get them only 2 jobs

1. Massage

2. Handsome man. Go with you. 

????????????????

They do seem to have VERY unrealistic expectations as to how difficult it would be to land a job in a Western country with their skill set. It can often be hard to keep a straight face when listening to them.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, lovethai123 said:

What happened after that ? And how much did they offer?  Interesting to know!!

Well, it was just scuttlebutt, but since I was told it by a Thai who'd been resident in USA (San Francisco) for some years, I took it as  true. Apparently, the hiso Thai was stopped for speeding in a muscle car. He offered the traffic cop 200USD to forget it and was promptly arrested, followed by a short jail term and deportation back to Bangkok. I gather he assumed everywhere was the same as in Thailand.

Som nam na.

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Luis said:

Sad news about this poor Thai gentleman in London. No doubt that this can happen anywhere, but at least the UK authorities will do something about it.

I just experienced a similar case here in Bangkok, but for a different reason, even though the background is also racial animosity.

Last Thursday night, I have been assaulted by two Thai neighbors.....

Screen Shot 2020-02-18 at 3.47.00 PM.png

Sorry to hear you got a slap.

That picture is ugly and, by the looks of it, in a communal area...

11 minutes ago, Asking for a friend said:

Oh look, an actual Asian. Normally Brit tabloids and police say “asian” when they want to avoid the M and I-words. Too bad it’s such sad circumstances. Hope the Thai gets take care of, pandemics are hard enough to deal with without such divisiveness.

Indeed. The report doesn't say whether the Thai guy mouthed off - you know what Thais are like. That wouldn't be sensible but again, you know what Thais are like.

• Haha 1

Anglo saxons - while saxon stands for german - are the most aggresive AND HOSTILE

nations on this planet.

they like to play it polite and "cultured", but inside they are blood loving thugs

that will go and bully and harras individuals and nations just for fun...that is, their fun...

i noticed this when i moved from an english speaking country to more relaxed, friendly 

sane countries, thailand among them.

all of a sudden, no one is looking over my shoulder, tapping my shoulder, talking to me

in aggresive tone, throwing to my direction endless remarks and insults on a daily

basis. and of course no more killer looks in the street of man and woman who look like

they are clinically depressed or just about to kill someone, anyone, come their way.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1