TM.30 with new passport, same address.

I've seen similar topics but my situation is kind of unique (I think) so here goes..

Will be leaving the country on a brand new passport (which I'm picking up the day before I leave). I've cancelled my ED visa in my old passport, and will present both old and new when leaving the country. 

I'm coming back about a week later on the new passport (will be entering visa-exempt) and I'm wondering about the TM.30 situation. I'm going to be staying at the same address, so can I just take my old and new passport to immigration and have the TM.30 updated as usual? or will I need to get the initial forms etc from my landlord to start that whole process again?

Thanks 

edit: I'm in Chiang Mai, if that's of any importance.

Edited by ItsDave

Not sure since Chiang Mai does it differently than other offices.

But since departure immigration should do a note about your old passport number and etc I would think you would not need a new TM30 submittal. Or you could show them both passports.

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

But since departure immigration should do a note about your old passport number and etc I would think you would not need a new TM30 submittal. Or you could show them both passports.

Thanks UJ,

I would think the same, I guess I'll go in the day after I get back with both passports and see what happens!

38 minutes ago, justin case said:

don't your embassy give you a paper for immigration, so you can transfer info from the old to the new ?

He would only need to go through the stamps transfer process if he had a current permission to stay (+ related re-entry permit if he had obtained one) to transfer from old to new passports. As I understand things, though, he will be letting whatever may remain on his current permission to stay lapse upon his departure (as a consequence of cancelling the ED visa in his old passport) and returning to Thailand with a 30-day visa-exempt stamp in his new passport. So no transfer of existing stamps will be needed in his case, and, to the best of my knowledge, no Embassy letter would be required in support of a fresh TM30 form.

Edited by OJAS

On 2/19/2020 at 11:25 AM, ubonjoe said:

I had the stamps transfered at CM yesterday and they stapled my last TM 30 to my new passport. But I will go to have it updated as its simple,

Edited by earlinclaifornia