MAN - BKK with Finnair or Oman Air ?

NanLaew

Looking at flight options ex- Manchester next month and both Finnair and Oman Air services the route for almost identical prices. I have done some reading on Oman's flight experience which can be 50/50 depending on what configuration Dreamliner you get. Has anyone flown Finnair recently on that route via Helsinki? Same approx flight times but Finnair has an option for 2 flights daily versus Oman's one.

Thanks!

NL

a friend has flown oman , says they are good, but i would go for finn air, flying a350 econ is 333, i like the a350 better than the b787, still 333,  finn are part of one world so maybe better for frequent flyer points, but look at lay over times finn 1hr 45mins., oman wy816/105 has a 14 hour+ layover

Yes, there are several reports already about Oman being decent but I just checked and the layover at Seeb with 106/815 is only 1 hr 35 min. The shortest Finnair stopover is 1 hr 45 min. Both plenty of time with the bags checked all the way through.

Three of the Finnair options that get you into BKK early in the day use Embraer's for the short sector ex- MAN and I reckon they're too pokey for about 3 hours flying and a 6' 4" traveler. The late flight uses an A320 to Helsinki, more comfy I reckon and the onward A350 gets into BKK before 4 p.m. so still time to make the last hop up country. Oman's later arrival would require an overnight in Bangkok.

Edited by NanLaew

I've flown with Oman Air and my best mate recently flew over with Finn Air. We both had similar layover times.

Both reasoable airlines but I prefer Emirates and an A380 on both legs. I personally would go with Oman Air as the journey is split virtually in 2. 14 hours is a very long flight.

Trying to avoid Emirates and the fact that they're more expensive than Oman and Finnair helps in that regard. But yes, good point on the 50/50 split. If I had to do a mid-east carrier, it would be Qatar. My mate uses them 3 or 4 times a year to LHR, says their new airport and lounge in Doha is great and swears by them. However, they are coming in more expensive than Emirates on the MAN-DOH-BKK option.

Omans Dreamliners have a shight seat pitch in economy compared to the A330s they replaced on Man/Lon-Muscat-Bangkok

I only continue to use as the FF card extras, mileage, free gear, biz check in plus lounges just shades getting another carrier but without the extras

I went with Finnair as I like a bit of a mystery! I just went online and upgraded my client-purchased ticket to business class for 300 quid. Result!

The Finnair website, unlike many others, looks really slick and easy for doing all that online stuff.