A Real Pizza In Bangkok...

torito

It's nice to know that there are people eating Pork,Ckn, And Beef on the streets as rats chase down a piece trash.These people would also be nice enough to share there comments about american food. Funny. Maybe you all sould spend this energy cleaning the streets where you live. You haven't had enough food prepared in the U.S. and if you had you got what you paid for. Buy some fly infested noodles off the streets and shit for the first 2 hours of your day. Here's to your Pizza. Domm

You sound like a really happening, cool guy. Intelligent too.

Any country would be happy to have such a prize as a citizen. :o

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The food court at Central Chidlom 7th or 8th floor (can't remember).. Amazing pizza by the slice..

I think you are talking about the Italian restaurant in "Food Loft". You might also want to try their pasta dishes, lovely.

What's the name of that pizza restaurant near the main road of Suk soi 33?

That's always had great pizzas (in my oh so humble opinion) when I've been there. :o

The food court at Central Chidlom 7th or 8th floor (can't remember).. Amazing pizza by the slice..

I think you are talking about the Italian restaurant in "Food Loft". You might also want to try their pasta dishes, lovely.

I have, they are..

Over a year ago now, hence the memory loss..

Ronnie's is STINGY on cheese and toppings.

End of story. :o

i totally agree. bad quality toppings too. For NY style pizza Bangkok pizza is a better bet, cheaper too.

i found some alright slices sold at Little Italy in asok too.

FYI the Bangkok Pizza website is at

(kind of obvious, but there it is. It has their menu also)

I've recently discovered a truly delicious frozen pizza at the supermarket on the 5th floor of Emporium called Amy's Pizza. You can find it in one of the freezers near the sushi counter. It's made with organic flour. I don't too much care for organic materials (as I don't wish to sacrifice taste) but this is truly a delicious pizza. I even burned one a couple of days ago and it was still amazing.

but for now I will try a NY style pizza from Bangkok out of curiosity.

Edited by soundman
removed objectionable website link

Thanks for the tip.. Now.. where can you find pesto sauce that has a reasonable taste... Cheers mate

'Rhys' at Bagkok Pizza they cook their own pesto sauce and have a vegetarian pizza with it.

That's always had great pizzas (in my oh so humble opinion) when I've been there. :o

Basilico? That's the best joint I've found so far. Hate the soi, and the rissotto is too soggy and heavy, but the (Italian-style) pizzas are splendid.

Basilico? That's the best joint I've found so far. Hate the soi, and the rissotto is too soggy and heavy, but the (Italian-style) pizzas are splendid.

I like Basilico's pizza, though it is not NY style pizza. However, the staff at Basilico leaves much to be desired, even when the owner is there trying to make sure its running smoothly.

(kind of obvious, but there it is. It has their menu also)

I've recently discovered a truly delicious frozen pizza at the supermarket on the 5th floor of Emporium called Amy's Pizza. You can find it in one of the freezers near the sushi counter. It's made with organic flour. I don't too much care for organic materials (as I don't wish to sacrifice taste) but this is truly a delicious pizza. I even burned one a couple of days ago and it was still amazing.

but for now I will try a NY style pizza from Bangkok out of curiosity.

huh? organic materials usually have more taste. or are you talking about cheez whiz as opposed to real cheedar. either way it doesnt give your reccomendation much cred.

Edited by soundman

huh? organic materials usually have more taste. or are you talking about cheez whiz as opposed to real cheedar. either way it doesnt give your reccomendation much cred.

That would be a matter of opinion, wouldn't it? Taste is subjective.

At least mark your opinions as such before making silly comments.

I've recently discovered a truly delicious frozen pizza at the supermarket on the 5th floor of Emporium called Amy's Pizza.

How does it work?...you have to fill the top or it comes ready with the ingredients?... I used to buy this in Australia but I always have to add more chesse and other ingredients as it was pretty light on them....the convenience was the base...

Edited by soundman

Sigh...i can't believe you guys, 8 pages and no one has even come close to naming the best pizza in town.

Lemoncello on Sukhumvit Soi 11 has the best pizzas, hands down, end of story.

Try the "Saporita" with mascapone and real Parma ham. Angels will weep.

Sigh...i can't believe you guys, 8 pages and no one has even come close to naming the best pizza in town.

The best pizza in town is the one that I can get after 1am when I am starving and everything is closed :o .

Edited by torito

American and Italian Pizza are the best.

DragonQuest, you took the words right out of my mouth.

Glad to know that someone has the same taste as mine.

I'm a pizza lover from NY. I can eat pizza for breakfast-lunch-dinner.

On the road I always looking for a pizza .

I love American and Napoli pizza.

Worst is the pizza I had in Hurghada, Egypt.

I finally tried Bangkok Pizza and it is the best American Pizza that I have had in Thailand other than The Duke's in Chiang Mai. I think that it is pretty much of a draw between the two places.

Well, this is something...it appears that I was not too wrong after all.. :o ..suggest to try , as I understant they have also a shop in Petchaburi rd., but I have never use it as the one in sukumvit is ideal for me.

Edited by soundman

• 3 months later...

I feel ######ing sick coz I've been eating ONLY pizza for the last ten days, but after this deliciously nasty research I can confirm that Bangkok Pizza is by far the best pizza in bangkok especially as they deliver until like 3am or something.

But no more pizza for me.

I'll definitely have to check out Lemoncello now (its opposite Villa Market if I remember correctly?); even my friends have said great things about Lemoncello but for some reason I always end up in Venezia for Italian food in Soi 11 where the pizzas are fine, but not great.

I'll definitely have to check out Lemoncello now (its opposite Villa Market if I remember correctly?); even my friends have said great things about Lemoncello but for some reason I always end up in Venezia for Italian food in Soi 11 where the pizzas are fine, but not great.

Spelled Limoncello, it is excellent. Incidentally, it is owned by Gianmaria Zanotti.

For the poster talking about Pan Pan in Jomtien... and the one mentioning the pizza "near the main street" in Soi 33, that is where Pan Pan's Bangkok branch is located - and it is always very busy. Basilico is a little bit further down the soi but I've always wanted to try it so may do so when I get off the burgers :o

Pan Pan has always served good food every time I've been there - matters not whether the owner is present or not.

BTW, I also want NY pizza... though Italian pizza is just fine as well. A good Sicilian or Chicago would be fine by me, otherwise I'm stuck with Pizza Company or Pizza Hut (though I do like the Goldy Cheesy Sausage Crust).

So far I haven't found any Italian restaurant in Bangkok worth recommending. All on Langsuan have been terrible or close to it. I had high expectations of Giusto but was really let down.

So for the best pizza I've had in Bangkok has been at Scoozi (various branches).

By accident I ended on a small pizza restaurant near the If it's owned by an American then i very much doubt it is a 'real' pizza. I always find it funny when Americans say that pizza is an american dish. :o

...sigh, so sad. Actually, pizza IS an American dish. If it is a round pizza, that is American. Sicilian pizza is square and uses more sauce, less cheese. American pizza uses more cheese generally. The first deep desh pizza is accredited to Uno's Pizzaeria in downton Chicago who go the idea from returning G.I.s from Sicily after WWII. If you go to the original restaraunt, their deep dishes are still square. You have New York style Pizza (opposite of the deep dish and usually rather large, very cheesy), Chicago style (deep dish, heavy on sauce and vegies), St. Louis stle (very thin, usally square). Than there is a nuevo California style that I would rather not talk about. If you want the best "pizza" in the world you go to the U.S. If you want the best Indian food in the world you go to Enlgand. If you want the best Thai food than you go that guy who cooks it over an open fire at the market....yes, pizza is an American dish...sorry, old chum.