A Real Pizza In Bangkok...

torito

1 place which has been overlooked and is not a "pizza" or "italian" restaurant but in my opinion has the best pizzas is the "Sports Corner" Suk soi 20.

Recently had a pizza oven fitted, along with "proper" chef and the pizzas are really something. My favourite is hawaiian and they use real quality smoked (I think) ham, great tomato sauce, thin base and not shy with the toppings as well.

Not sure on the size but it is a good feed (12" I would guess) and less than 200B...... Eat in only I think but definitely worth adding to the mix.

Take a few steps down soi 20 and try out Basilico. You will love it providing you don't have any preconditions how pizza should be made in Melbourne or NY :o .

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scoozi is ok.

New York Pizza in Nana is terrible. The sauce tastes like Ketchup.

Basilicco is very delicous.

Bella Napoli has better pasta than pizza.

Absolute Bar has good pizza.

Duhlios was so dry...like a cracker. Awful flavor.

The absolute worst pizza I ever had in my life was Ronnys on soi 4 in Nana. It tasted like cardboard with ketchup and insect repellent. The first bite made me want to puke.

Pizza Mama is very good if you get it with extracheese.

Bangkok Pizza on soi 24/1 has closed.

Marias Pizza on Silom Road near the Holiday Inn is the best in BKK. Limoncello sauce has no Italian spices and was very bland.

I was a trained pizza chef for many years while in school. There is no excuse for making lousy pizza.

Yesterday tried Scoozi on Thonglor road and had a pizza Vesuvio - Delicious. The pizza bread is made the the right way and toppings generous.

[

If it's owned by an American then i very much doubt it is a 'real' pizza. I always find it funny when Americans say that pizza is an american dish. :o

Have you ever tried Chicago deep dish style or New York stlye pizza? When has an American ever said we invented it? American pizza, yes. The best pizza in the world can be found in Chicago. Oh yes....You're an idiot.

i think pizza is really up to taste,

ive eaten many different types of good pizza around the world and have worked in 2 pizza bars as a kid. to make good pizza u need a good hot oven and good ingredients sauce / cheese/ dough especially i think all would be difficult and expensive to source here in BKK. or at least the options would be limited.

for italian pizza here i like Bella Napoli, unfortunately they dont deliver. for new york (american) style Bangkok Pizza is good they deliver late too.

I agree about the ingredients but one thing no one has mentioned is the water. As a native New Yorker, it's the water that makes it taste the way it does in NYC. You can't make it here. Taste is also very, very individualized. Some like thin/hand-tossed, lot's/little cheese, whole tomatoes/sauce. I like Scuzzi near the BTS on Sukhmvit. Well done pepperoni and onion. I think they call it Inferno. And I add Thai pepper(prik). I too have been to Italy and I prefer NYC style pizza. It's what you get used to. Cheers.

What is "Knorr Seasoning" in the old post below?

==========================================

buy some pita bread, spoon some tomato sauce/paste/spaghetti sauce on it ...season, sprinkle some cheese, pepperoni whatever and season...stick in oven/toaster oven

it will be better than most pizza places in thailand..not all but most.

i like putting bell pepper/onions/ marinated pork on mine....the juice from the pork/pepperoni will seep down into the cheese and give it more flavor

that knorr seasoning works wonders... oven on hottest setting, prewarm it.

pita bread and pizza bread are in the same family.

try it youll like it

http://www.pizzamania.co.th/fullmenu.asp

Had a pizza recently from Pizza Mannia, I am not sure where they are, but it's Free delivery in the Central Sukhumvit area, and to there credit, it was at my door in 30mins. The driver had change too which is a pleasent change. Thay have Itialian thin base pizza's with a good base, but lacking very much cheese to my liking. I thought that corn on the Hawian was a bit yuk as I don't like corn but other wise OK.

I am not going to rush back there, but I will probibly order agian at some point, I am just going to try other pizza shops. Nice change from Pizza Company.

Note the real price is 50baht more than the price list on the web and the price list they give you, this was a bit annoying, but TIT.

Edited by goofie

Its a chicken, pork or vegetable base, in powder form or broth cubes available at every grocery store as well as 7-11.

It can be considered a seasoning, but not really, its used in a similar way as salt, sugar, fishsauce, or black pepper when cooking.

Basicly its a dry broth in powder form.

• 1 month later...

Hi All, I checked out the Sport Corner pizza and the story is it IS American style thin crust. They use Italian Mozzarella, Salami and Pepperoni and home made sauce. Fresh cooked pork loin ham for the Hawaiian Cowboy. Good pizza with fresh ingredients, only 4 styles, there's more than one place here in lol (sorry) los for a good pizza so you don't have to settle for ketchup as sauce. This one's worth a go.

Has anyone got any comments about SCOOZI???

Think they look good on the old handout, but not tried yet. Looking at the Inferno, .

Maybe expensive.

Have delivery and website = http://www.scoozipizza.com/

gonna have to get in there soon and try

Ive tried proably 30 different Italian pizza restaurants in BKK and Scoozi come in at no.2 IMEO.

Pizza Pizza. the one in Pattaya ive not been to the BKK Central World are the best in terms of crust tomato and cheese and putting the exact amounts of each on, if i could make this pizza better it would to make the crust ever so slightly thicker.

But Scoozi are definitely worth eating i'd give them a good 7.5 out of 10, Pizza Pizza are a 9.

Id also recommend to go to Scoozi, ive never had one delivered but this kind of pizza usually doesnt travel well as its not designed for it.

Edited by sanmiguel

Think they look good on the old handout, but not tried yet. Looking at the Inferno, .

Maybe expensive.

Ive tried proably 30 different Italian pizza restaurants in BKK and Scoozi come in at no.2 IMEO.

Pizza Pizza. the one in Pattaya ive not been to the BKK Central World are the best in terms of crust tomato and cheese and putting the exact amounts of each on, if i could make this pizza better it would to make the crust ever so slightly thicker.

But Scoozi are definitely worth eating i'd give them a good 7.5 out of 10, Pizza Pizza are a 9.

Id also recommend to go to Scoozi, ive never had one delivered but this kind of pizza usually doesnt travel well as its not designed for it.

Now, I am starting to get hungry.

Scoozi's are good. I haven't tried Pizza Pizza, but will next time I'm at BCW. Zanotti's are good, and I understand they now have a chain of PizZanotti's that deliver so they would also be worth a shot. Have you ever had any from PizZanotti?

Maybe expensive.

That's exactly my opinion too :) . Pizza Pizza and Scoozi are my favorites.

Scoozi's are good. I haven't tried Pizza Pizza, but will next time I'm at BCW. Zanotti's are good, and I understand they now have a chain of PizZanotti's that deliver so they would also be worth a shot. Have you ever had any from PizZanotti?

I havent, but my problem is now that ive found good pizza im fearful of taking the risk in a different restaurant .... but next time im down that way i'll give it a go.

At Pizza Pizza just go for the Margarita, Pizzas often get fcuked about with too much IMO and they do this basic Pizza very well. As you dont know too much about boxing :D it'd be good to know if you have high standards in Pizza. :)

If your a fan of lasagna try Via Vai on Suk Soi 8, its very good and comes with real french bread, and you can have relaxing afters at Lolitas just around the corner.

I havent, but my problem is now that ive found good pizza im fearful of taking the risk in a different restaurant .... but next time im down that way i'll give it a go.

At Pizza Pizza just go for the Margarita, Pizzas often get fcuked about with too much IMO and they do this basic Pizza very well. As you dont know too much about boxing :D it'd be good to know if you have high standards in Pizza. :)

If your a fan of lasagna try Via Vai on Suk Soi 8, its very good and comes with real french bread, and you can have relaxing afters at Lolitas just around the corner.

From what I understand PizZanotti delivers from 12 locations in Bangkok. Zanotti Group also has Pizzeria Limoncello in Bangkok. I have never been disappointed at any of Zanotti's restaurant locations.

I am sure if you look hard enough you can find a special pizza named after Mickey Hatton. It will be made out of minced meat, but you will have to consume it quickly as it won't last long. :D

• 8 months later...

I have been in Bangkok for over 6 years, but I don't eat a lot of pizza nor am I an aficionado on pizza. I never remember the bad pizza places until someone says let's eat at … such and such a place. Then I remember!

I noticed in this Bangkok Pizza thread that there are a few great options for Bangkok pizza. I would like to add my pizza place here. I have tried a few pizzas here and have always enjoyed them. They are located in Sukhumwit and deliver pizza in the central Bangkok area. They only deliver, however if you want to go down and sit with the cook and her husband and family I am sure there will be a seat there for you. Their name is Big Pizza. They have a new website up lately, it's basic but it works. Their phone number is 02-662-1330 and their website is bigpizza dot org

I order from them because I always like the pizza. I hope you do too.

If it's owned by an American then i very much doubt it is a 'real' pizza. I always find it funny when Americans say that pizza is an american dish. :)

Have you ever tried Chicago deep dish style or New York stlye pizza? When has an American ever said we invented it? American pizza, yes. The best pizza in the world can be found in Chicago. Oh yes....You're an idiot.

LOL...

Never been to Chicago, but there is a Chicago Pizza factory in Paris, delicious!

In Bangkok I like Pizza Pizza (Central World and Emporium), Mexicana with delicious onions...

Edited by flemmie

• 1 year later...

Hi,

Im Italian native. From south Italy where pizza born. I try many different Pizza Shop in Bangkok. The most are bad taste and quality.

Good pizza need to have high quality ingredient and wood fired pizza.

Wood fired pizza is the best for have good quality pizza.

If you really want eat real italian pizza in Bangkok go to Bacco Restaurant on Sukhumvit Soi 53.

You can google: bacco bangkok

They delivery too.

Before i like to go Basilico Pizzeria but in the last 2 years they change and pizza not good anymore.

If you go Phuket (Patong) the best pizzeria are:

N 1. La Capannina (soi nanai road - Patong, very hiding place - They have the best mozzarella - Pizza Napoletan Style)

N. 2 Pizzeria da Michele (nanai road - Patong)

[in photo: Pizza salame piccante - Napoletan Style at Bacco 2 days ago]

Buon Appetito!

smile.gif

post-103515-0-50943200-1308658230_thumb.

Has Scoozi stopped delivery? I called the number on their website and it didn't work. The old number I was using a few months ago for successful delivery doesn't work either.

I ordered from them last month. Worked ok na kha. Got number from their website.....

Lol you've prolly managed to order from them a few times in the past year I'm sure :P

And ? What's the point ? Does it mean because the first pizzeria in USA was opened in 1905 that they are the world's best ?

American food allways reminds me a kind of... crap as far as can go back in my memory.

There is no such thing as "American " food, please remember that America is a continent made up of many countries, languages and foods each unique such as ....Mexican food, chilean, Argentina, Jamaica, when I was in the Netherlands I had yummy Suriname food, and the list goes on.

One great thing about the USA (this is an actual country for those who are too daft to understand that) is that there is food from all over the world seeing that it is a COUNTRY made up of immigrants from every corner of the world.

So eat your kidney pie and spotty dicks and <snip> B)

Edited by soundman
Removed profanity.

And ? What's the point ? Does it mean because the first pizzeria in USA was opened in 1905 that they are the world's best ?

American food allways reminds me a kind of... crap as far as can go back in my memory.

There is no such thing as "American " food, please remember that America is a continent made up of many countries, languages and foods each unique such as ....Mexican food, chilean, Argentina, Jamaica, when I was in the Netherlands I had yummy Suriname food, and the list goes on.

One great thing about the USA (this is an actual country for those who are too daft to understand that) is that there is food from all over the world seeing that it is a COUNTRY made up of immigrants from every corner of the world.

Yes, there is most definitely such a thing as American food. Don't kid yourself. America is widely understood to be that large country in North America. We have many, many distinctively American dishes. For example, New England Clam Chowder, Brunswick Stew, Jambalaya, New York cheesecake, blackened fish, southern fried catfish with hush puppies, peanut butter pie, yes -- pizza as the American style is distinctive and you will probably have to travel there to understand that, and thousands more. Don't confuse the politically correct BS that Americans can't say they live in America and don't have their own culture including a massively rich FOOD culture when Brazil, etc. also are located in the continents called North or South America. That's just a semantic game. The USA does actually exist as it's own nation state.

Edited by Jingthing

Yes, there is most definitely such a thing as American food. Don't kid yourself. America is widely understood to be that large country in North America. We have many, many distinctively American dishes. For example, New England Clam Chowder, Brunswick Stew, Jambalaya, New York cheesecake, blackened fish, southern fried catfish with hush puppies, peanut butter pie, yes -- pizza as the American style is distinctive and you will probably have to travel there to understand that, and thousands more. Don't confuse the politically correct BS that Americans can't say they live in America and don't have their own culture including a massively rich FOOD culture when Brazil, etc. also are located in the continents called North or South America. That's just a semantic game. The USA does actually exist as it's own nation state.

No one is trying to make a political statement here except you, Jingthing. All I am saying is that each dish you mentioned has its roots in a different culture; so unless you are talking about Native American cuisine, food eaten in the USA is the sum of its influences.

Have fun eating your buffalo stew and maize B)

You could say that about any cuisine in the entire world. They all have global influences, why single out American cuisine as being illegitimate?

What would Thai food be without CHILIES (from the Americas)? Italian without tomatoes (also from the Americas)?

Back to Thai food. Get real. Don't you see the strong Chinese and Indian influences in it? So I guess Thais don't have a distinctive cuisine either.

Edited by Jingthing

You could say that about any cuisine in the entire world. They all have global influences,

Of course. Don't let the Food-Nazis get you riled. :ph34r:

Thank you. I know you get it. It's really annoying how many people disrespect American food culture who don't have the slightest understanding of it.