site flickers

thaibeachlovers

Just got the below error (and I am connecting via a Singapore server).  Reload got the page requested but have no idea where the error msg came from or what a Guru Meditation has to do with ThaiVisa.

Error 503 Service Unavailable

Service Unavailable

Guru Meditation:

XID: 363471931

Varnish cache server

Found this - might explain why things are so slow.

The Guru Meditation is an error notice displayed by early versions of the Commodore Amiga computer

image.jpeg.d3ae1ee3b30668987c44c8d160f6dbdf.jpeg

Edited by lopburi3
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, timendres said:

This website hits the network anywhere from 300 to 400 times to load a SINGLE PAGE!

It is one of the worst websites I have ever seen, in so many ways.

It is a small miracle that any page loads.

I have an old web developer program for XP.  One of the elements is an ad counter. Now what was regarded as an ad then may not necessarily be an ad today. Home page in TVF is 72 ads downloaded. Click on topic header, count resets 28 ads download, click on thread, count goes to 45 ads. Around  2 hours surfing is around 1700 ads. total for 3 weeks 19500 ads.

• Like 2

I am outside of Thailand now and can report on very slow loading of pages, if they even load at all. 

So the problem continues, after the reported error a few weeks ago Thaivisa is not fast and reliable anymore. Did you downgrade your servers or what has happened? 

• Like 1

I have the Flickering problem, due to the AD's being block which is great, so stop the Ad Blocker and no Flickering then.

Your choice. Mine is Flickering please.

Win ????

On 2/28/2020 at 10:13 AM, madmitch said:

The flickering makes you accidentally click on ads. Each click is money for TV. The sheer number of ads these days, including the annoying pop-ups is really making this site unpleasant to use. It's never fully loaded; I permanently have the still loading sign in the bar at the top as another video ad gets ready to load.

Anyone recommend a decent ad blocker for Firefox as the one I have really isn'r doing its job?

I use Adblock Plus.
However if you try viewing thaivisa a message comes up telling you to close your ad blocker and if you don't you can't view TV.

On 2/28/2020 at 3:13 AM, madmitch said:

The flickering makes you accidentally click on ads. Each click is money for TV. The sheer number of ads these days, including the annoying pop-ups is really making this site unpleasant to use. It's never fully loaded; I permanently have the still loading sign in the bar at the top as another video ad gets ready to load.

Anyone recommend a decent ad blocker for Firefox as the one I have really isn'r doing its job?

Firefox has it's own. Surf through "settings" and have a play. Worked for me.

No ads now but screen still jumping and pages not fully loading.

Edited by DannyCarlton
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/24/2020 at 10:10 AM, neeray said:

I have had no problems but Jesus XXXXXX are those "flickering" ads ever annoying. The so-in-your-face concept really isn't necessary. In fact, if they weren't so annoying, I might actually read the odd one. But such as it is, I couldn't even tell you what they're about because I refuse to look straight at them.

I pretty sure that the Thaivisa owners love those ads!

On 2/24/2020 at 1:57 PM, keithsimmonds said:
On 2/24/2020 at 1:10 PM, Tech Doctor said:

Define flickering, do you mean when an advert shows and disappears?

TD

In my case it,s jumping.....the page i am looking at just jumps at least 2 inches....all the time.

Same here, right now.

44 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

Firefox has it's own. Surf through "settings" and have a play. Worked for me.

No ads now but screen still jumping and pages not fully loading.

I've downloaded Ghostery as a Firefox add-on. Early days but for the time being I have no ads on TV, including those annoying video ads, and no flickering or jumping.

Let's hope it stays that way!

• Thanks 2

It seems to be the top ad, just above the subject header (like "site flickers" in this case) that comes and goes every few seconds, making the rest of the page move up and down every 5-10 seconds. I see this in Firefox and in Chrome on Mac. Didn't try other browsers. And yes, the pages never load fully. Whether logged in or not.

About the computer opening them - it's custom built Core i9 iMac with SSD and 64 GB RAM, LAN connected to gigabit fiber internet from AIS. Browser is the only software open (other than the OS).

EDIT: checked on Windows 10 with Firefox and Edge, Core i7 Gen6, 32 GB RAM, SSD, LAN connected - same issue.

Edited by tomazbodner
  • Thanks 1

Yes Brave solved it for me, it's a new browser with built-in adblocker.   So from now on I will use this browser for Thaivisa, and Chrome on all other sites. 

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Thaivisa web page still jumps up and down. When I open any new page on Thaivisa the page opens, but will suddenly jump up ... then jump down ... and the topic list on the right side keeps jumping up & down.

Anyone have the same issue ... thanks

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, steven100 said:

Thaivisa web page still jumps up and down. When I open any new page on Thaivisa the page opens, but will suddenly jump up ... then jump down ... and the topic list on the right side keeps jumping up & down.

Anyone have the same issue ... thanks

that makes 2 of us but I had it for the past month or so, contacted technical support but never received a fix answer... the funny thing is when I click on one of the side posts it opens a completely different one, mostly the one above or below because of the flickering, it's a constant annoying up and down

11 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

that makes 2 of us but I had it for the past month or so, contacted technical support but never received a fix answer... the funny thing is when I click on one of the side posts it opens a completely different one, mostly the one above or below because of the flickering, it's a constant annoying up and down

yes ... when you click on a topic it jumps at that exact time and you get the top or bottom one as you mentioned.

You can time it right some times and just quickly hit the one you want ...  but not every time.

Why no fix from IT   ???  obviously they don't know how  ... imo

3 minutes ago, steven100 said:

yes ... when you click on a topic it jumps at that exact time and you get the top or bottom one as you mentioned.

You can time it right some times and just quickly hit the one you want ...  but not every time.

Why no fix from IT   ???  obviously they don't know how  ... imo

while living in Thailand had to adjust to some not so logical things and this may be one of them... let's wait and see

• Like 1

just for information ... i'm using Flashpeak Slimjet browser and it only started jumping about 1 month ago.

I don't believe it is a browser issue, I believe it's a tv technical issue to do with the HTML objects loading continiously. But that's only my guess, i'm not an IT guy.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, steven100 said:

just for information ... i'm using Flashpeak Slimjet browser and it only started jumping about 1 month ago.

I don't believe it is a browser issue, I believe it's a tv technical issue to do with the HTML objects loading continiously. But that's only my guess, i'm not an IT guy.

same same but different.... using mozilla/firefox

17 minutes ago, balo said:

Brave is your answer, seriously everyone should try it now.  All the past problems gone, never been happier. 

I did try it and so far no flickering, quite interesting and fast, thanks

1 hour ago, balo said:

Brave is your answer, seriously everyone should try it now.  All the past problems gone, never been happier. 

I need your help trying to customize the browser, send you message, appreciate your help