solar

wazzadg44

I'm mulling the idea of having solar panels installed on my roof. I live in Phitsanulok with plenty of sun. Can any one help me with price per sq/meter. I haven't measured my roof area yet but it is quite large and might be worth doing if financially sound.

Thanks for any help.

1x 330w panel (2 sq metre) will get you 1 unit of electricity a day.

Hardly worth the expense and trouble IMHO.

I've got 1 panel just to try it out.

Needs to be washed every month, loads of dust settles on it.

Once it's on the roof, how do you intend to clean it?

Edited by BritManToo

22 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

1x 330w panel (2 sq metre) will get you 1 unit of electricity a day.

Hardly worth the expense and trouble IMHO.

I've got 1 panel just to try it out.

Needs to be washed every month, loads of dust settles on it.

Once it's on the roof, how do you intend to clean it?

Good point-send up the missus? Seriously I haven't thought that far ahead. 

Thanks.

1 hour ago, wazzadg44 said:

I'm mulling the idea of having solar panels installed on my roof. I live in Phitsanulok with plenty of sun. Can any one help me with price per sq/meter. I haven't measured my roof area yet but it is quite large and might be worth doing if financially sound.

Thanks for any help.

@Crossy has a good thread that he may have been a little shy to reference at https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1120934-how-about-a-solar-car-port-on-a-budget/ it is worth reading as your answers may be there

I used the money to install an off-grid solar system ( DIY ) instead of paying to connect to PEA.

It cost approx 150,000 baht runs the fridge, shower, tv's, computers fans etc. it can run 1 air air con.   If I want more air cons say to run 3 air con, then I would need to add another inverter and battery at a further cost of 70,000 baht.

EASUN 5000watt inverter 20,000 baht ( Aliexpress )

Lithium ( pouchcell ) battery 48v 200ah 56,000 Delong ( Alibaba )

Panels 14x330w 54600 baht poly Amorn Big C

Paid a guy to put the panels on the roof, and cabled it myself. been running since september.

9 minutes ago, ArranP said:

It cost approx 150,000 baht runs the fridge, shower, tv's, computers fans etc. it can run 1 air air con

I run about the same and my lekky bill is about Bht 1000 a month. That's 12.5 years payback time on Bht 150,000. Worth it?

53 minutes ago, stouricks said:

I run about the same and my lekky bill is about Bht 1000 a month. That's 12.5 years payback time on Bht 150,000. Worth it?

It can run an air con too, so payback is about 6 to 7 years. 

Its a new build and located about 1 kilometer from the PEA grid, to connect to the PEA I would have needed a transformer, posts and cabling, that would have cost approx double the cost of the solar.  Plus where I live the electric is off and on all the time.  So far I'm quite happy with it.

• Like 1