K PLUS Transfer To UK Bank; Easy??

I've done some research, and from the transfer methods I've read about, they needed to contact the bank, give proof of the money origin etc. However I have K PLUS (Kasikorn) on my phone, and there is an international transfer option, which seems very straight forward. Is it too good to be true? All you do is enter the SWIFT code of the bank origin, then type in the amount and the sort code and jobs done? 

Edited by Mung

I used the app a few weeks ago to send some cash to a charity, not in the UK but in Singapore.
The cash left my account immediately, I'd needed nothing more than the recepients details and a reason, I got a receipt within seconds.

Later in the evening I got a further email from Kasikorn advising that I'd given the wrong details and the cash was being returned.
I hadn't given the wrong details and made the transaction a few minutes later from my UK bank account using Transferwise using the same details, it was received in Singapore in less than a minute.

I called the Kasikorn the following day to ask the reason and they couldn't tell me, but promised to call me back. She did actually call me back but was still unable to provide an explaination, she did however refund the fee and the difference between the exchange rates, so at least I wasn't out of pocket.
My experience won't help you but I was really confident that they'd get it right next time.
I'd probably use Dee Money to send cash to the UK, they've just increased their daily limit.   

19 minutes ago, theoldgit said:

I used the app a few weeks ago to send some cash to a charity, not in the UK but in Singapore.
The cash left my account immediately, I'd needed nothing more than the recepients details and a reason, I got a receipt within seconds.

Later in the evening I got a further email from Kasikorn advising that I'd given the wrong details and the cash was being returned.
I hadn't given the wrong details and made the transaction a few minutes later from my UK bank account using Transferwise using the same details, it was received in Singapore in less than a minute.

I called the Kasikorn the following day to ask the reason and they couldn't tell me, but promised to call me back. She did actually call me back but was still unable to provide an explaination, she did however refund the fee and the difference between the exchange rates, so at least I wasn't out of pocket.
My experience won't help you but I was really confident that they'd get it right next time.
I'd probably use Dee Money to send cash to the UK, they've just increased their daily limit.   

Thanks for that, I have found in the 10 or so years I've been with Kasikorn that they do have good customer care. On the K PLUS app, I am only asked to give the sort code and the SWIFT code for the destination account.. The thing is I am currently back in the UK and so the only real access I have to my Thai bank account right now is through the app. Is Dee Money sort of like Western Union? Or does it connect with your bank account in some way? 

3 minutes ago, Mung said:

Is Dee Money sort of like Western Union? Or does it connect with your bank account in some way? 

I've used it and funded it from Kasikorn and paid funds into Singapore and Malaysian accounts, using their app.
I did have to visit a branch to set the account up though, I don't know if that's still the case.
Maybe I was unlucky with my attempt with Kasikorn.

• Like 1

Update on this one for anybody thinking of doing a similar thing. I sent the payment today from the K PLUS app, it was very easy to do and required maybe 2-3 minutes to type in the info, and for a 900GBP transfer, I was only charged 250baht. That is something I was expecting to be way higher. Furthermore, the funds appeared in the destination account several minutes later! Excellent service 

• Like 1