Printing A 700+ Page Book Here In Bangok?

steffi

I've got a PDF I'd like to get printed as a book. Anybody know of a place that can do this? What's it likely to cost if I want book like binding two sided like a book ie. odds and evens etc. At work the Xerox copier use to do this in it's sleep.

Would Lard Plao area be the best location for this sort of thing?

Hi Steffi,

I am not sure about Lardphrao but if you take the underground train and stop at the station near WAT HUALAMPHONG (the Temple at Rama Four Road ) which is at the junction of the other two roads: Siphaya and the road heading to MBK, at that junction, nearer to CHulalongkorn University, there are numerous shops that can handle PDF formats. Will cost you around Bt 2,150 to print and bind the book. (3 baht for printing fr PDF formats, 2 to 1/2 baht for copying, etc. very cheap as caters mainly for students.)

My friends carry big textbooks back from the UK (borrowed from the uni library over xmas!) to photocopy around Siam. You usually go there and leave the book with them for a few hours, then come back and you'll find that they've photocopied the front cover (colourful and on 150gm paper!), make the photocopies into a book (not bind, but actually make it into a book) all for you for 0.5baht a page :D + 20 baht for the covers. You could barely tell the difference between the original and the photocopied (shhhhhh).

So, I'm sure these shops can print PDF's for you too.

Pavee :o

Edited by paveet

Usually the printer itself does all the work. At work we had a big Xerox copier/printer and one of the layout options was booklet. But in this case I don't think that's the right one since the book is so thick. Usually "booklet" is for smaller books. Because it prints 4 pages to a page in landscape orientations.

My friends carry big textbooks back from the UK (borrowed from the uni library over xmas!) to photocopy around Siam. You usually go there and leave the book with them for a few hours, then come back and you'll find that they've photocopied the front cover (colourful and on 150gm paper!), make the photocopies into a book (not bind, but actually make it into a book) all for you for 0.5baht a page :D + 20 baht for the covers. You could barely tell the difference between the original and the photocopied (shhhhhh).

So, I'm sure these shops can print PDF's for you too.

Pavee :o