pm 2.5 pollution warning and now this

justin case

Um, you realise where you are, the Land of Sel...h.

Why just today I read that an elderly Thai man returned from Japan knowing he was infected, went to hospital and when asked said he wasn't, in the meantime he could have infected as many as 30 hospital staff, he has infected his son who went to school, need I go on.

The burning is part and parcel of the life here, so lock it up or go for a drive, but don't get worked up about it, as you will get worked up often. 

19 minutes ago, justin case said:

how selfish and ignorant people are overhere ?

you chose to live there!!!!   you thought long and hard and spent your money and picked the best place!!!  good job!!!  and you blame someone who didn't chose to live there and needs to do whatever it takes.  

i can't wait for the burning season to START this weekend.  It should last four more months.

OP, good luck.  smile.  have the best life you can!!!   lol.   or move and take control of your situation

• Confused 1

it is near suvi in an upscale moo baan  / near 2 shopping malls  ... 1000+ houses

so for you guys, it is ok that this one farmer or trash burner does it specially today / this week when there were warnings of very low wind and GASSING thousands of people

I don't live in the sticks, there is no farm land around here since long

• Like 1

On 2/26/2020 at 12:06 PM, justin case said:

it is near suvi in an upscale moo baan  / near 2 shopping malls  ... 1000+ houses

so for you guys, it is ok that this one farmer or trash burner does it specially today / this week when there were warnings of very low wind and GASSING thousands of people

I don't live in the sticks, there is no farm land around here since long

Did any inhabitant of the 1000+ houses bother to call the police and the fire brigade?

• Like 1

We all know and we all suffer from this absurd predicament... that is coming back every year. Like clockwork.

We all know about the sugar cane and other fields, the road sides, the forests to hunt, etc.

Ok.

It could mean : business. Tradition. Whatever.

But there is something else... shared by many thais... And that i find even more disturbing. Because there is no logic behind.

In a village (1000) in Chayaphum province... There is a garbage truck that passes every day. To collect.

Yet... People feel a striking urge to... burn. Garbages, few leaves, papers, and of course plastics (it's more fun, and it smell so good).

They have garbage bins, they use them... But they need to burn a little bit, every day, in their backyard, as a bonus.

And if they don't, it's like something important is missing in their daily routine.

I remember when i was a kid... I was fascinated by fire (upcountry).

But why grown up thai people still feel such urge and fascination ?

There is something here to digg ????

Edited by christophe75
  • Sad 1

On 2/26/2020 at 5:33 PM, Kwasaki said:

Nothing selfish about in some respects many farmers are poor.  Until the Thai govt help farmers they will go on burning it's the cheapest way for them,  

The problem is more akin to the reapers and transporters of cut cane. Not helped by a shortage of mechanical harvesters.

Less work to burn than trim the leaves and an advantage of getting more on a truck because of water loss.

This season we signed a contract for the cane to be harvested by a John Deere harvester (a premium cost). The contractor came along and burnt the cane in the early hours then cut it with the harvesters.

Referred it to Lawyer Dagget and await the outcome.