Video: Grown man viciously attacks kid outside computer games shop in Thonburi - just teaching him a lesson says attacker

webfact

15 hours ago, Just Weird said:

Thai society does not accept that sort of thing as normal even though posters such as you claim that they do!

I just saw an video of teenagers and young adults mob attack 1 single drunk older male, he allegedly groped a woman, there was no evidence or nothing just video of mob attacking that single man, the person recording wrote what happened and the comment section was mixed some said it was right some disagreed but only that they did the beating too far.

police stood by and practically watched as they threw and hit bottles at him, kicked,stomped his head, used chairs to attack him, his face was covered with blood,

no news about it despite this was clearly attempted murder in many developed countries.

People dont intervene they value their life and health even the cops in this case I wrote.

I'm just curious I always see you make statements that most Thais would not agree with, are you exposed to the daily videos of brutal fights/attacks, shootings,stabbings? On social media and thai news? Brutal attacks and fights like this is everday life in isaan and especially during concerts and festivals, huge brawls.

18 hours ago, Yinn said:
22 hours ago, Just Weird said:

Thaivisa did not write the story, 77kaoded, wrote it.

All that information is in the OP.

And the video? 

What about the video?  I just said that Thaivisa didn't write the story, you implied that they did.

7 hours ago, ta158 said:
23 hours ago, Just Weird said:

Thai society does not accept that sort of thing as normal even though posters such as you claim that they do!

I just saw an video of teenagers and young adults mob attack 1 single drunk older male, he allegedly groped a woman, there was no evidence or nothing just video of mob attacking that single man, the person recording wrote what happened and the comment section was mixed some said it was right some disagreed but only that they did the beating too far.

police stood by and practically watched as they threw and hit bottles at him, kicked,stomped his head, used chairs to attack him, his face was covered with blood,

no news about it despite this was clearly attempted murder in many developed countries.

People dont intervene they value their life and health even the cops in this case I wrote.

I'm just curious I always see you make statements that most Thais would not agree with, are you exposed to the daily videos of brutal fights/attacks, shootings,stabbings? On social media and thai news? Brutal attacks and fights like this is everday life in isaan and especially during concerts and festivals, huge brawls.

Regardless of that uncorroborated assertion, it still does not mean that Thai society accepts that sort of thing.  A handful of individuals may but they are not representative of Thai society as a whole.

2 hours ago, Just Weird said:

What about the video?  I just said that Thaivisa didn't write the story, you implied that they did.

Thaivisa “translate” the story. 77kaoded not have English.

Not exactly translation. Eg “However, the beating appeared to be far more than a clip round the ear.“

If the translator watch the video they show in OP, (only 5 minutes) they will know the story they write is not correct. Listen to what the kid and adult say in the video.

They talk about why the man bash him. Because he told the police about the guy steal his phone. 

I think important information for the true story. Or not? 

He not bash the kid for “not respecting his elders”, he bash the kid because he told the police about stolen the phone. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Yinn said:

He not bash the kid for “not respecting his elders”, he bash the kid because he told the police about stolen the phone. 

He bashed the kid because he is a thug, nothing more nothing less, just a thug, and by your information also a thief.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Yinn said:

Ah, you all want to argue with me. @cornishcarlos @Just Weird and @RJRS1301

Next time can just believe the wrong information, talk about story not true, many page talk to each other, argue together about wrong information because lazy translator. 

You want real story, or want argue with me?

I NOT say it ok to bash the kid, I just say the story is wrong. If you not speak thai ask a thai person watch the video, tell you what is true. 

Not argueing, pointing out the man is a thug, and a thief.

It is a statement backed up by his actions.

There is NO REASON for one human (much let alone a grown man) to beat another human ( a child), the most disturbing part is NO ONE CAME TO ASSIST THE CHILD. Reflects poor on society

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Yinn said:

Ah, you all want to argue with me. @cornishcarlos @Just Weird and @RJRS1301

Next time can just believe the wrong information, talk about story not true, many page talk to each other, argue together about wrong information because lazy translator. 

You want real story, or want argue with me?

I NOT say it ok to bash the kid, I just say the story is wrong. If you not speak thai ask a thai person watch the video, tell you what is true. 

It matters NOT what the kid did or didnt do or what the kid said !!

The whole issue is the violent action of the adult on the child !!! For which there is NO EXCUSE ! or justification in ANY language.

It's the "don't get involved" attitude here (and elsewhere) and the Thais are pretty good at it. Look what happens anytime some well intended type intervenes and ends up dead or severely beaten himself. It is indeed a bad reflection on society and how numb many are to such things. There are many ills that bring things like this around from bad parenting, entitlement, perceived self importance/delusions of grandeur, lack of moral compass, lack of discipline in society and numerous other things like apathy and general contempt for others and their situations. This incident shows up much that is wrong with societies in general everywhere and not just Thailand.

Edited by Brigand
Typos
  • Like 1

One of the best bystander interventions is to blow a loud whistle, I carry one my keyriing. (postman type whistle).

The noise distracts the perpetrator hopefuly allowing the victim to escape, it also alerts others to a situation occurrring.

It can be done from a safe distance or right up close to the ear of the perp.

Just now, Yinn said:

1 minute ago, Yinn said:

I NOT say it ok to bash the kid, I just say the story is wrong.

The story is immaterial to the actions of the thug.

I do not think anyone argued with your interpretation of the story, I certainly did not disagree with your stated facts.

1 hour ago, Yinn said:

Thaivisa “translate” the story. 77kaoded not have English.

Not exactly translation. Eg “However, the beating appeared to be far more than a clip round the ear.“

If the translator watch the video they show in OP, (only 5 minutes) they will know the story they write is not correct. Listen to what the kid and adult say in the video.

They talk about why the man bash him. Because he told the police about the guy steal his phone. 

I think important information for the true story. Or not? 

True. That's already mentioned a few pages before. 

The boy wanted his stolen phone back, and the guy bet the shi_e out of the boy to keep his mouth shut.

Yinn, what would you do if the boy was your son?

A swollen head just because he wanted his phone back?

I bet the locals all had their phones out taking photos for their FB friends, well they do seem to like car crash etc pictures, even Yinn has posted gory (removed) photos in the past, that stuff seems to be "OK" here......????

35 minutes ago, Isaanbiker said:

True. That's already mentioned a few pages before. 

The boy wanted his stolen phone back, and the guy bet the shi_e out of the boy to keep his mouth shut.

Yinn, what would you do if the boy was your son?

A swollen head just because he wanted his phone back?

If he my son, or brother, or dad, everyone in my village will bash the guy. Sure.

Then he go jail.

I say again, IT NOT ok. The police get the guy. Good. 

Many say say someone should help the kid when it happen. But there only other kid and a woman. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Curt1591 said:
On 2/27/2020 at 3:20 PM, RJRS1301 said:

Were family involved in attempting "attitude adjustment"?

My thoughts

According to Yinn the translation of the story is incorrect, so just a thug being a thug.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Yinn said:

If he my son, or brother, or dad, everyone in my village will bash the guy. Sure.

Then he go jail.

Mob behaviour demeans those who partake in it, and the society which seems to accept it as a fitting action

Vigilanty behaviour is unacceptable in any circumstances.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, transam said:

I bet the locals all had their phones out taking photos for their FB friends, well they do seem to like car crash etc pictures, even Yinn has posted gory (removed) photos in the past, that stuff seems to be "OK" here......????

“Gory” photos were real from thai news. 

Just the real story. You want see true or not. 

I not think young children on TVF.

snowflake?

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, RJRS1301 said:

Mob behaviour demeans those who partake in it, and the society which seems to accept it as a fitting action

Vigilanty behaviour is unacceptable in any circumstances.

If is your mother, what you do?

Revenge must be paid. Teach a lesson. IMO. 

You not agree. IYO.

1 minute ago, Yinn said:

If is your mother, what you do?

Revenge must be paid. Teach a lesson. IMO. 

You not agree. IYO.

I would allow the justice system to try the person, allow a court to hear all evidence, and a jury to make a decision.

Revenge and violence demean those involved in such actions.

For an educated person Yinn, you sometimes lack human insight

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Just Weird said:

Regardless of that uncorroborated assertion, it still does not mean that Thai society accepts that sort of thing.  A handful of individuals may but they are not representative of Thai society as a whole.

Ah sorry misunderstanding, of course it is not acceptable, but Thais could care less about these stuff because it is so wide spread and common, there is worse issues in the country that needs to be dealt with, and 9 ouf of 10 attacks or beatings people never intervene because mind your own business is the way to go here unfortunately, even if there is kids getting beaten,abused etc.

Sorry I get so confused sometimes English is my 3rd language.

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, Just Weird said:

I'm curious about how you seem to think that you can speak for most Thais and that you know what they think!

Well I'm half thai born in Europe but moved to Thailand as kid and grew up here in pattaya, so I can somewhat speak for Thais

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Victornoir said:

Pfff!
I wouldn’t like to be your mother...

Neither did she ????

I just do not believe in violence for any reason.

Self defence is another matter and MUST be appropriate to the threat, not gratuitous as in this case, and revenge is hollow.

12 hours ago, ta158 said:

Well I'm half thai born in Europe but moved to Thailand as kid and grew up here in pattaya, so I can somewhat speak for Thais

And you think that that makes you qualified "to speak for most Thais"?!  It doesn't any more than it makes you qualified to speak for most Europeans!

I am 100% British but that doesn't put me in a position to be able to speak on behalf of most Britons, does it?

Edited by Just Weird
  • Haha 1