Thai is the best nationality there is!" Former American pays through the nose to renounce US citizenship

webfact

16 minutes ago, samran said:

Seems like a lot of Americans here are offended that he has turned his back on The Greatest Nation on Earth(TM).

Talk about brainwashed...

At least here he’ll have access to a better public health care system! 

Exactly, it's rather ironic. The educated people from US that I know say they are shamed to call themselves Americans at the moment.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Neeranam said:

I know, after signing an intent to renounce my UK citizenship, that if I do, I could get it back again, one time only.

Doesn't the US do this?

The only advantage I can see in doing this is being able to have a Thai name. Anyone know his previous name? Maybe it was Chip, Tiger, Grayson, Butch or Junior :cheesy:Maybe this guy is doing it for this reason, as well as the obvious reasons. 

A Thai named, Terdsak would want to change his name if becoming a yank.

His previous name was Allen Long, he has been featured on TVF a few times. 
Once for his funny local dialect videos and another time he was honoured on Thai Language day .

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lust said:

Well then why is there an article about it and why is he posting about he’s interested to hear everyone’s opinions on it if it’s not our business? 

Anyway you cut it, it’s sheer stupidity to denounce a US citizenship.. just because you can. 

It is sheer stupidity NOT to renounce US citizenship unless you have a specific need to keep it.

• Confused 1

So the man has chosen to limit his future options.  Certainly is his choice.  When he reaches age 65 he may regret not being eligible for US Medicare which all in all, is relatively reasonably priced, even with a typical Supp B whose premium at the moment is about $144/month. 

• Like 1

Wonder if he is still going to pay double for everything like an expat. In any event, he grew up in Thailand and I am sure he feels at home in the country as that is all he knows. Good luck to him. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, gk10002000 said:

So the man has chosen to limit his future options.  Certainly is his choice.  When he reaches age 65 he may regret not being eligible for US Medicare which all in all, is relatively reasonably priced, even with a typical Supp B whose premium at the moment is about $144/month. 

Might have figured Thai SS is better anyway, pays everything. But to use Medicare you'd of course need to be in the States and, for anything serious, have some sort of base there. Not clear whether it'd be practical in his case.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Monomial said:

It is sheer stupidity NOT to renounce US citizenship unless you have a specific need to keep it.

In what universe?... I’m convinced you’re a Russian bot.

• Like 1

Also he has not been in Thailand since the age of 2 continually as was the impression many got. Seems he took the cult to task over the pedo accusations which was good.

'Immediately after I graduated from high school I enrolled in NTM’s Bible Institute in Waukesha, Wisconsin.'

Edited by Orton Rd
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Neeranam said:

what an awful, rasict post.

nothing racist in what i said.

as i mentioned, the U.S. is also does it for it's citizens, like any other

"nation" on this planet. 

in any nation there are the "elites" and the "folks", and the elites are using

different mind control techniques to keep the masses at bay and

make them believe how wonderful their country is.

thing is, U.S. is a waaaay much better place than thailand,

and if this dude really can't see it, than they must have got him real good.

1 minute ago, yourauntbob said:

Im amazed at how many comments at how stupid he is.  As an american citizen I dont think its stupid at all.   If given the opportunity to do a clean swap on citizenship from US to Thai, i would thoroughly consider.  The US government is becoming ever more oppressive, the education system is in shambles, and freedoms are quickly disappearing.   I understand that many have been indoctrinated by the schools in the US to believe the country is something that its not.  But at minimum you would think this person knows more about their own situation than the keyboard warriors here on TV.   

the expectation to get everything free is pushing a  lot of americans thinking grass is green on the other side.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Orton Rd said:

What freedoms are 'quickly disappearing' in the USA?

Pointless to argue with US haters. Don't wast your time.

• Like 2