Fresh air in bk apartment complex. Too good to be true?

Girlfriend's apartment has surprisingly fresh air as soon as you enter the grounds.

Literally feels like you've left bk as you step thru the security gate.

She says they spray water every day.

It certainly is quite noticeable the difference.

But anybody know if its actually clean air that's healthy to breath or just a cosmetic improvement that's still slowly killing us?

13 minutes ago, sidjameson said:

But anybody know if its actually clean air that's healthy to breath or just a cosmetic improvement that's still slowly killing us?

Ah, you did mean Bangkok, right?

7 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Are you sure it's the air which makes you feel better?

138_1000.jpg.075663bdb9426f3265a1eb7586a99a6d.jpg.bd5376abdf623a1838421654d11496cc.jpg

I rented one of those last week. Didnt notice its effect on the air, but was great on the pipes.

• Like 1

In my experience there is no such thing as fresh or clean air in Bangkok. Even if you live in a nice place. If they wash things every day they are getting rid of the smut that coats everything. In a lower courtyard the air may be fresher than a high floor up in the cloud. 

However if it rains that black gunk will come down. It's this they are washing. Anybody with a balcony in BKK knows after a week it is coated in black pollution. That's why you don't go on the balcony in bare feet ever.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Cryingdick said:

In my experience there is no such thing as fresh or clean air in Bangkok. Even if you live in a nice place. If they wash things every day they are getting rid of the smut that coats everything. In a lower courtyard the air may be fresher than a high floor up in the cloud. 

However if it rains that black gunk will come down. It's this they are washing. Anybody with a balcony in BKK knows after a week it is coated in black pollution. That's why you don't go on the balcony in bare feet ever.

You are absolutely correct.  I have a 35th floor Penthouse Condo.  I wipe down the rails daily, added wooden platforms to cover the cement and tile decking.  I wash it down regularly, but its still gets coated with that smudge.  I want to sit outside in the evenings, but do not dare as the air quality is horrible.  My air purifiers work overtime inside.....

• Like 2

4 hours ago, CanadaSam said:

Spraying water in the polluted air actually does make all the pollution particulates heavy and fall to the ground to be washed away.

It would need to be continuous and who wants to walk through a constant mist?  If it's a one-and-done spraying, within minutes after they spray, the air would be as dirty as ever, no?

Perhaps you arrived right after they did the spraying and felt a temporary improvement in local air quality, but it isn't permanent unless they have constant water misters going. 

Constant misting is common in desert areas to bring down temps (if they have water) where the moisture evaporates immediately, but in BKK, who's going to notice a little more humidity?