Where to get doctors prescription for a refill?

Thomas J

My fiance was going through menopause and took her to Bangkok Hospital in Pattaya for a consultation with a doctor.  Not much of a consult for 1000 THB about two minutes and she put her on Cyclo - Progynova.  They filled only a 2 month prescription of course at an inflated price.  The medicine is working for her.  Without a prescription we can not refill her prescription next month when it runs out.  I am sure Bangkok Hospital wants to just have her return every two months for another 2 minute doctor consult before giving another two months.  Can anyone suggest where she might obtain a doctor willing to write a new 12 month prescription for her?  

MIMS does not appear to have that listed as a prescription only drug (S).   A larger drug store should be able to sell from my reading of below "D" classification.

D = dangerous Drug (hazardous medicine)
A First grade pharmacist shall is on duty at the premises selling modern drugs, at all times, while the premises is open for operation. Daily Purchase and record required.
The license for the current sale of medicine is to make an account for each dangerous medicines every time. Displays the number or letter of the time produced. Name and dosage and date of sale
First Class Pharmacist provides reasonable advice regarding the use of dangerous medicines in the course of a professional manner.

https://www.mims.com/thailand/drug/info/cyclo progynova

• Like 1

This drug does not require a prescription. It can be bought at a pharmacy.

Try Fascino. If they don't carry it, tell them she will buy it every month and ask them to order it.

She should still see doctor yearly. And be sure to get yearly mammogram.

• Like 1