Strange phone numbers

Ermanno

This morning i received two phone calls from 2 different numbers: one at 9.32( 0923425290) and one at 9.33(0923426838). I missed both of them as i went out to buy some food and kept the phone in my room. I tried many times to call the phone numbers back, but the numbers are both always busy. Are they legitimate number or what? Thanks

• Haha 1

Most likely an international call terminating through one of the mobile carriers, but could also be a call center from someone trying to sell you something. In either case, you won't be able to call back. Your best bet if you want to know who it is to answer the next time.  If you know someone overseas who you think might be trying to reach you, recommend you send them an email and ask.  If they say "yeah, I tried to call twice but nobody answered" you'll have found your mystery caller.

Edited by Monomial
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

Many boiler rooms  use Facebook to collect peoples phone numbers...some of their tricks, are advertising jobs and pension services. I replied to one and have been bombarded with calls from Ireland, UK, HK and Thai...Dan, Ben and numerouse other guys trying to sell the latest IPO with a pitch straight from the movie Boiler Room..

There was a scam in England where a Lady Driver who was well dressed knocked at a door to ask could she use their phone as her mobile was dead , Her car had broken down just up the road,, She offered to pay for the call, The Occupants said no problem she can use it, she spent about fifteen minutes calling a breakdown Service and her husband , Again she offered to pay they said no problem , she left and thanked them, When the occupants of the house got the bill it was enormous, The lady who borrowed their phone had  used a number she had set up , it was £s a minute, When investigated by the police  the lady that used the phone was tracked down and taken to court, It was thrown out of Court becasue she had offered to pay and the Occupants had said no problem just use it,

22 hours ago, Monomial said:

Most likely an international call terminating through one of the mobile carriers, but could also be a call center from someone trying to sell you something. In either case, you won't be able to call back. Your best bet if you want to know who it is to answer the next time.  If you know someone overseas who you think might be trying to reach you, recommend you send them an email and ask.  If they say "yeah, I tried to call twice but nobody answered" you'll have found your mystery caller.

Very true

My sister calls from Australia. A lot of times it does not come up as her calling but as a strange Thai number 

They start at 02  or 06. 

Edited by ripstanley

1 hour ago, ripstanley said:

They start at 02  or 06.

This afternoon while at a mall the phone rang (0641097281) and it was the usual "Sawat di ka, bla bla, bla" recorded message <hang up>.