Phuket Poll: Should tourists cancel their holiday in Phuket?

snoop1130

Phuket Poll: Should tourists cancel their holiday in Phuket?

By The Phuket News

1583142703_1-org.jpg

Tourists are screened on arrival at Phuket International Airport. Photo: PR Dept

PHUKET:-- With news of the COVID-19 coronavirus dominating headlines worldwide and Thailand suffering its first death over the weekend, fears of the virus spreading has been as contagious as the virus itself.

While government agencies around the globe take steps to assure their citizens that appropriate measures are in place, officials in Thailand in particular have come under fire for lack of clear preventative action.

Even the lack of clarity in the information disseminated to the public about the virus situation in Thailand has come under attack, especially for its impact on the confidence people have in such reports.

Full Story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-poll-should-tourists-cancel-their-holiday-in-phuket-75090.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2020-03-02
  • Like 1

Something is wrong in this report.its the first one I've read about the virus and has no bleating about no tourism and losing money.

the whole world should be on lockdown from when the first case was reported outside of china.sod the financial markets and the closing down of factories and everything.it looks like the human race will have to learn the hard way.in the future we will have to look back and learn where we went wrong because there will definitely be more and more deadly viruses in the future.

i also think the climate change hysteria and alarmism can now take a back seat.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

17 hours ago, strikingsunset said:

Well ive been in Phuket for a week its very quiet where i am ( around Laguna )

No doubt prices wiil increase,as usual to compensate  for the decline in sales.

12 quid for a 4 quid bottle of wine, I am through with it ,goodbye Thailand.

Less to do with price hiking than tax increases which can see a levy on wines in Thailand as high as 400%.

https://www.thedrinksbusiness.com/2017/09/thailand-tax-increase-hits-wine-hard/

• Like 1