Cambodia long term visa for Swedish and Thai.

Ohoy!

I'm considering moving to Cambodia with my Thai GF. What would be the best solution when it comes to visas for us? I've had a cambodian stamp in my passport from a visa run in 2018 but I've gotten a new passport since then. I would be working online and she would be looking for some job as a receptionist, waitress or similar. We want to be able to stay there long term without having to worry about visa problems, is it possible? We don't qualify for retirement visas since we're both in our twenties.

Any advice is much appreciated!

same as for anyone;

get an ordinary visa on arrival ( $35)
and than apply for a 6 month EG extension ( looking for work) after 7 months leave and repeat

or

if working an EB extension. BUT you need an employer (working online does not count)

PS;   will she work for $150/month? Does she speak Khmer? otherwise she has zero chances of finding work, (except as a bg)

Edited by phuketrichard

On 3/4/2020 at 12:00 PM, phuketrichard said:

same as for anyone;

get an ordinary visa on arrival ( $35)
and than apply for a 6 month EG extension ( looking for work) after 7 months leave and repeat

or

if working an EB extension. BUT you need an employer (working online does not count)

PS;   will she work for $150/month? Does she speak Khmer? otherwise she has zero chances of finding work, (except as a bg)

I read somewhere that you can't get a EG extension to look for work if you've already been to Cambodia before but I guess that's incorrect?

She does not speak Khmer. I thought it might be possible for her to find some kind of work in a hotel reception or something similar since she does speak English, I guess that is not the case. She wouldn't mind working for 150US a month, as long as she finds something to keep her occupied. We will find a solution re her work situation one way or another.

Thank you for the information and taking the time to answer my post, really appreciate it! 

• 3 years later...