Krabi: Thai wife of Swedish man found dead at foot of cliff - police investigating

webfact

Krabi: Thai wife of Swedish man found dead at foot of cliff - police investigating

2pm1.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Police and rescue medics were called to the foot of a cliff in the Ao Nang area of Krabi yesterday after a 55 year old Thai woman was found dead.

Nanthawan P. was found by a small cave entrance next to an orchard. 

She had injuries that suggested she had fallen and was attached to a 30 meter rope. There was a bag for climbing shoes by the body. 

She appeared to have been dead around 12 hours. Other climbing attachments were found.

Foreign currency worth several 10,000s of baht was found along with a Swedish driver's licence. 

kt.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Nearby was a rented Fino motorcycle parked. 

The person who rented the motorcycle to the woman on Monday said that they have known the woman for years. She is married to a Swedish man and they arrived in Krabi with their son three days prior. 

They have a multi million baht three story house in the area. 

Police are investigating and have not ruled out anything at this stage. 

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-03-04
  • Sad 2

30 minutes ago, Just1Voice said:

Why would she have that much money on her? 

Indeed. It reads like a straightforward rock climbing accident until the money gets a mention. Very strange.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

Climbing alone is considered a bit naughty. There's supposed to be someone else around in case you get into trouble.

Aka .... The buddy system.

• Like 1

Well the money was in different currencies not just Thai baht so may be not that unusual in amount.

What I find a little odd is the body is in a recess at the foot ? surely if a body fell it would fall away from the face, not land against it ? Just a thought.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

29 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

What I find a little odd is the body is in a recess at the foot ? surely if a body fell it would fall away from the face, not land against it ? Just a thought.

Well, without getting too technical, it looks to me as if that's a near vertical cliff (beloved of rock climbers of course) and a body will fall vertically. So unless she bounced off some outcrop on the way down she's going to end up at the base of cliff.

One doesn't have to fall very far for it to be fatal either. Even a fall from a modest height can cause internal injuries leading to death. Especially as she wasn't found for around 12 hours.

Very sad to read of someone who appears to enjoy life, losing their life like this.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Well the money was in different currencies not just Thai baht so may be not that unusual in amount.

Falling bodies can be deflected off rocks or bounce after landing due to kinetic energy; physics means that they don't always fall as may be expected. 

It's possible that she may not have died immediately if the rope stopped her fall and she may have tried to crawl from where she landed.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Moonlover said:

Indeed. It reads like a straightforward rock climbing accident until the money gets a mention. Very strange.

really? why'd would that make it not straightforward? If someone was robbing her she wouldn't have any cash. 

except only a few of the posts, discussions are about whether it is appropriate for a Thai lady to have money in the wallet or is too old for climbing.

the poor lass fell off the cliff,
maybe the cams holding the rope she relied on got loose when she slipped.
May she R.i.P.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, henry2109 said:

"They have a multi million baht 3 story house"

Wow, would it even be 3 or 4 millions? Amazing bs journalism.

And your point is? Why such a comment? If you build a house in Thailand rather than buy from a lot for several million you can build a mantion with a pool. I built a 110 square meter western style 3 bedroom bungalow for 725,000baht external doors teak and hard wood windows. I had plans for a 250 square metre house and was quoted 1.4 million. Buying from a lot those prices increase many times. Stop looking down on people. Plus this was their holiday home. 

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, henry2109 said:

"They have a multi million baht 3 story house"

Wow, would it even be 3 or 4 millions? Amazing bs journalism.

Not really, they are just writing facts to give you something to read, that's what journalists and I do.....????....