Krabi: Thai wife of Swedish man found dead at foot of cliff - police investigating

webfact

10 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

There are many senior rock climbers around the world of all genders. One of the best forms of total workouts 

Was her scooter at the top of the climb? Wouldn’t it be usual to start at the base? No idea not into risking death for fun.Just asking

5 hours ago, henry2109 said:
5 hours ago, Just Weird said:

What is the "bs journalism", don't you approve of someone's owning a house being reported?

Every single house on Phuket with a falang as owner or sponsor should be worth 2 or more million baht, so is a "multi million baht house", don't you think that?

It also amazes me when I read some real estate adds, and a better shack with a small swimming pool becomes a "pool villa".

So, what was the "bs journalism"?   You think that everyone who reads this knows house prices in Phuket and do you think that what was reported to the writer isn't of interest to members?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Olmate said:

Was her scooter at the top of the climb? Wouldn’t it be usual to start at the base? No idea not into risking death for fun.Just asking

Perhaps if at the top she intended to abseil down and climb back up

Notice in the pic thereis a chair , howw did that get there and why?

1 minute ago, transam said:

NO, I never said that or run the lady down......Back track chum....

Did not indicate you did run anyone down, no idea what you are on about.

Stated a fact, maybe a first for you, but not to rock and mountain climbers 

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, webfact said:

She had injuries that suggested she had fallen and was attached to a 30 meter rope.

30 meter rope.... 40 meter cliff.... I guess she reached the end of her rope.

Edited by DaRoadrunner

7 hours ago, transam said:

I go weight training and am much older....????

My mate got a gym in hackney had a climbing wall fitted, because he is a climber himself been all over the world climbing. He is in his 50s. He also has a lot of gym members over 50 who climb too.i including me.

• Like 2

What makes it look strange is that the husband is not mentioned at all.

The woman goes rock climbing alone?

The husband doesn't go looking for her and find her? He doesn't know where she was?

All very strange.

• Thanks 1

On 3/4/2020 at 2:38 PM, spermwhale said:
On 3/4/2020 at 9:27 AM, Moonlover said:

Indeed. It reads like a straightforward rock climbing accident until the money gets a mention. Very strange.

On 3/4/2020 at 2:38 PM, spermwhale said:

really? why'd would that make it not straightforward? If someone was robbing her she wouldn't have any cash. 

I've been out on many an outdoor adventure during my (long) life. But I've never carried large sums of money whilst doing so. Neither, to my knowledge have any of my buddies. That what I found strange. It obviously wasn't a robbery, just an unfortunate accident.

Maybe, her next stop was the bank, but logic, to me says 'do it the other way round'. 

On 3/3/2020 at 7:44 PM, Hank Gunn said:

It's a safe assumption to make that she lived in Sweden and holidayed/vacationed in Thailand with her husband and son. From the OP: "The person who rented the motorcycle to the woman on Monday said that they have known the woman for years. She is married to a Swedish man and they arrived in Krabi with their son three days prior."

While rock-climbing is atypical for a middle-aged Asian woman, if she did truly live full-time in the west then it's not quite as mysterious. (A year after meeting my wife here in Thailand, I brought her to the US where we were married and then lived for 10 yrs before moving here for retirement. While she is still thoroughly a Thai, through-and-through, those 10 yrs in the west really changed her perspective and worldview on a lot of things.)

I have seen many Asian daisies walking around  lately. Not sure why they prefer the concrete bike path to walk when there are so many beautiful trails available. Some  of those gals look lost and walk pretty far.

On 3/4/2020 at 9:58 AM, RJRS1301 said:

Perhaps after having a climb, she intended to go shopping, not an unusual amount to carry really

They had only arrived in Krabi a couple of days ago, maybe she was off to change 

the currency after her ill-fated climb.

LOL at the comment about the house. How many 3 storey houses do you see built by foreigners and what are the prices? 1 storey is 2-4 million range, 2 storey is 4-8 million and 3 storey? And  depending on location offcourse. Sounds like a well off couple.

RIP.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/3/2020 at 10:48 PM, Moonlover said:

Taking into account that the money was in 'foreign currency' and that the lady had a Swedish driver's licence, it's likely that she spent much of her time in that country. There's plenty of outdoor activity to enjoy in that country, so to me there's no surprise.

It is possible that the Swedish driver's license is not hers.  Maybe is her Hubbies.  The article text says: " with a Swedish driver's licence. " That does not necessarily mean it was her Swedish license.

• Sad 2