Songkran and Covid-19: Water festival to go ahead, despite being terrible for spread of virus

webfact

2 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

My feeling, and I hope I am wrong, is that Songkran will cause an explosion of Corona virus cases nation wide. It could turn out to be a medical disaster. 

Thais will play Songkran using masks ans saving water.

5 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

never mind COVID, I am worried about how it will affect the drought.

Water pressure in my area has already slowed to a trickle, have had to stop watering the vegetable garden and everything is dying as a result. I shudder to imagine what will happen during and after Songkran.

As I say quality leadership for our betters and higher-ups.

I remember no riding in back of pickup truck I see that many countries have canceled big sporting events because of the virus Thailand is doing nothing the Shopping malls are packed it’s just a matter of time occurs we will never know the real numbers just like road accidents not reported the real numbers of people that die due to that TIT

Glad I'm going to oz for a year in a few weeks. real health ministers around the world that actually have degrees in their fields will ban flights from Thailand. 

They are not stupid they know that this event will cause an explosion of infections even though Thailand will claim that the water flushed away the virus and everything under control 

15 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

never mind COVID, I am worried about how it will affect the drought.

Water pressure in my area has already slowed to a trickle, have had to stop watering the vegetable garden and everything is dying as a result. I shudder to imagine what will happen during and after Songkran.

I flew from KL to Hua Hin recently, as we were approaching Hua Hin I could have been forgiven for thinking we were flying over a desert region, it really was that striking.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

My feeling, and I hope I am wrong, is that Songkran will cause an explosion of Corona virus cases nation wide. It could turn out to be a medical disaster. 

better to get a mask and snorkel before they sell out !!

From SongKran Fashion magazine

image.png

• Haha 1

GREAT!!!  All my friends want to come because of Thailand's super low numbers compared to other countries.

I'm not sure if all my 5 million Wuhan friends will make it, but they are able to book plane tickets.   lol.  

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, madmitch said:

Remember, on Saturday, I believe, the MotoGP was definitely going ahead as a COVID19 free zone.

A lot can change quickly in the world hub of u-turns!

U-turns? Where A-nut-in here is involved, more likely a MotoGP style hairpin bend.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Curt1591 said:

Yes. And once these guidelines are announced, the Thai people will follow them, just as they have all the previous Songkran guidelines.

Yes, you are absolutely correct.   The people will diligently follow the guidelines set.   Such as don't drink and drive, pack no more than 23 people into the back of a pick-up, don't race up / down route 1/2/3/4/5/xxx (actually, with the volume of traffic, the opportunities for such are quite rare), all on a motor bike must wear a crash helmet (does that include the dog ?), don't play / use with your mobile phone while driving.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, CraigInBangkok said:

lets see what happens eh? 

As much as I am not a fan, I think they'd be stupid to cancel it 5 weeks before it happens 

banning it could save a couple of thousand lives from road fatalities during that period.... I could go on and make sarcastic comment(s) about Thai gov and short sightedness blah blah blah, but they do a good enough job themselves

• Confused 1