Biden snags Texas in Super Tuesday sweep, Sanders has edge in California

snoop1130

7 hours ago, Jingthing said:

I prefer Abrams but picking her will be seen as risky because of her relatively lower level state government experience. Probably stronger experience than Mayor Pete though. But face it Biden is correctly seen as the safe choice for the top of the ticket. But too safe is boring. Picking Abrams would give his candidacy an edge and also a chance to take more southern states. 

Either one of those picks will lead to a loss in November. He needs to select someone that is everything he is not. Young, smart, future oriented, not linked to Obama, not linked to any of America's current problems domestically or abroad. Not beholden to corporations or special interests.

29 minutes ago, earlinclaifornia said:

I think chosing Waren as Bidens' VP will be strongest

I don't. There isn't anybody on either side that doesn't think that their candidate is horrible. But they like them better than the horrible one the other side is running. The winner of this election has to find a way to get younger and project America into the future with some new vision, because let's face it, this is a nation in rapid decline, and it didn't start with Trump. Adding yet another septugenarian isn't going to get the job done.

6 hours ago, lannarebirth said:

Either one of those picks will lead to a loss in November. He needs to select someone that is everything he is not. Young, smart, future oriented, not linked to Obama, not linked to any of America's current problems domestically or abroad. Not beholden to corporations or special interests.

Here comes the quid pro quo to Clyburn. It's a mistake IMO:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/clyburn-says-biden-should-pick-a-woman-to-be-his-running-mate-223820072.html

Something about Joe Biden is just “not right”.  When he spoke in LA on Super Tuesday(or as he called it Super Thursday) a Vegan Protestor charged the stage.  Three women Simone Sanders, Biden’s sister and his wife grabbed the female protestor and dragged her off the stage.  Joe Biden had a puzzled look on his face and Jill Biden reassured him by saying “it’s ok, it’s ok” like a mother to him.  Then Joe Biden looked at the crowd like as if he did not know what had just occurred. So far his gaffes have been minor ones but one has to wonder about his cognitive state as a 78 year old candidate for President.  On the other hand Bernie Sanders is feisty and no gaffes.  I do not agree with Bernie Sanders but he is a fighter and he did have heart attack last year but keeps powering through.  Can’t wait for the one on one debate.

On 3/5/2020 at 6:43 PM, lannarebirth said:

I don't. There isn't anybody on either side that doesn't think that their candidate is horrible. But they like them better than the horrible one the other side is running. The winner of this election has to find a way to get younger and project America into the future with some new vision, because let's face it, this is a nation in rapid decline, and it didn't start with Trump. Adding yet another septugenarian isn't going to get the job done.

Totally agree.

It was noticeable at the G20 that apart from Trump, all the world leaders were in their 40's & 50's. 

We need to move forward, which I thought we had done with Obama, but we just went right back to the 'old white men'.

I'd be happy with a Klobuchar or Buttigieg, but I'd refer Amy as the VP pick, so at least we could see a new generation in the lead

3 hours ago, sqwakvfr said:

Something about Joe Biden is just “not right”.  When he spoke in LA on Super Tuesday(or as he called it Super Thursday) a Vegan Protestor charged the stage.  Three women Simone Sanders, Biden’s sister and his wife grabbed the female protestor and dragged her off the stage.  Joe Biden had a puzzled look on his face and Jill Biden reassured him by saying “it’s ok, it’s ok” like a mother to him.  Then Joe Biden looked at the crowd like as if he did not know what had just occurred. So far his gaffes have been minor ones but one has to wonder about his cognitive state as a 78 year old candidate for President.  On the other hand Bernie Sanders is feisty and no gaffes.  I do not agree with Bernie Sanders but he is a fighter and he did have heart attack last year but keeps powering through.  Can’t wait for the one on one debate.

Bernie, who made a big thing about promising to release his medical report ( a challenge to Trump to do likewise) is now refusing to release his medical report.

14 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Bernie, who made a big thing about promising to release his medical report ( a challenge to Trump to do likewise) is now refusing to release his medical report.

Any candidate releasing medical reports at this time would be a serious mistake for obvious reasons, But we have eyes , we have ears and some of as a certain amount of gray matter between them , I suggest we use it. 

Edited by sirineou
typo

I always liked Biden, and would had fully supported him 2016

But now Biden is well past his "Sell by Date" , Personally I am not sure if he will make it through this campaign , never mind another eight years of governing.  Initially I did not support Sanders for the same reasons, but given the choice between the two  I believe Sanders  is the strongest Candidate. Before the primary I thought trump's outster  from office was a certain, now I am not so sure.  

Edited by sirineou
  • Confused 1

31 minutes ago, sirineou said:

Any candidate releasing medical reports at this time would be a serious mistake for obvious reasons, But we have eyes , we have ears and some of as a certain amount of gray matter between them , I suggest we use it. 

Here’s an idea, subject all contenders to the next election to a full medical, including the current incumbent.

1 minute ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Here’s an idea, subject all contenders to the next election to a full medical, including the current incumbent.

If everyone did it at the same  , I would be all  for it,

otherwise the one who does it at this time will be raked over the coals, and his his message and campaign derailed .

Unless one of them  had a stellar medical report , which I don't think any  of them does, I guarantee you you will not see one until such time as they are inconsequential, 

1 hour ago, sirineou said:

I always liked Biden, and would had fully supported him 2016

But now Biden is well past his "Sell by Date" , Personally I am not sure if he will make it through this campaign , never mind another eight years of governing.  Initially I did not support Sanders for the same reasons, but given the choice between the two  I believe Sanders  is the strongest Candidate. Before the primary I thought trump's outster  from office was a certain, now I am not so sure.  

Sorry but Sanders isn't a strong candidate. His electability theory has been tested and he failed miserably. The promised wave of new voters mostly young people that he has been crowing about did not turn out to vote at all. I understand liking his policy positions but beating 45 and not losing congress is job one. Bernie is losing and his only hope now to be nominated is if Biden slips badly. Which is possible. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Sorry but Sanders isn't a strong candidate. His electability theory has been tested and he failed miserably. The promised wave of new voters mostly young people that he has been crowing about did not turn out to vote at all. I understand liking his policy positions but beating 45 and not losing congress is job one. Bernie is losing and his only hope now to be nominated is if Biden slips badly. Which is possible. 

He might not be a strong candidate but IMO he is stronger than Biden, I think trump will do to Biden what he did to Hillary , and I don't think Biden has the mental acuity to fight back. IMO a Biden nomination is four more years of trump. Let's hope I am wrong.

5 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Interesting position on Sanders. If he wasn't a strong candidate, the DNC wouldn't have needed to rig the primary against him and for the strong candidate Hillary Clinton in 2016. At least this year, their efforts are better concealed.

2 hours ago, sirineou said:

He might not be a strong candidate but IMO he is stronger than Biden, I think trump will do to Biden what he did to Hillary , and I don't think Biden has the mental acuity to fight back. IMO a Biden nomination is four more years of trump. Let's hope I am wrong.

Biden comes off as weak and frail. But at this point, Bernie needs to grow a pair and go on the offensive if he really wants the nomination. I think the deck is still stacked against him, but going on the attack may at least better reveal how much the DNC is working to rig the primary once again.

I don't support him. I oppose his policies. But I do credit him with being the most honest and sincere candidate running for president in 2016 and 2020 both.

1 hour ago, Crazy Alex said:

Interesting position on Sanders. If he wasn't a strong candidate, the DNC wouldn't have needed to rig the primary against him and for the strong candidate Hillary Clinton in 2016. At least this year, their efforts are better concealed.

No comparison with 2016 where the primary WAS rigged against Sanders. It was not this year. The media, of course, was rigged against him this year, because those are the very corporations he would seek to rein in.

• Haha 1