Are there any decent pubs in Nana?

Rod the Sod

21 minutes ago, Rod the Sod said:

5. Soi 11 - Hemingways is not even a shadow of its former self. Bottom end will find good pints at TB280 a glass. Once a great Soi, now a shabby building site. Aussie Sports Bar (which is soul-less) and the German Bar are about the only things holding it together.

once good for you, but now even better at night at Oskars and Levels. but not your demographic.

sorry i can't be of any help. but what about that pub on the back side of cowboy? 

Scruffy Murphy's Irish Pub

Edited by NCC1701A
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

once good for you, but now even better at night at Oskars and Levels. but not your demographic.

sorry i can't be of any help. but what about that pub on the back side of cowboy? 

Yes which is now an Irish Pub. Good idea. Maybe I will head that way and get some exercise to boot. Cheers

• Like 1

Actually there is a ray of light at the end of the tunnel. Soi 11 next to Zanzibar (same ownership) is a nice little beer garden, but best of all is Sunrise Bistro Thai Kitchen. Newly renovated TB90 a pint and the best TYG soup I have found in this area. I don't do this every day by the way, just a very loose end so to speak!

Thanks for the advice.

1 hour ago, AllThaiedUp said:

I once wasted 6 months in Bangkok right around the same area. Found it boring as all hell and couldn't wait to leave. 

Find a good woman and travel around.

I have a lovely wife and we do spend most of our lives traveling around, but today is hot and I just fancied a cool beer. Silly thing to do in this area as you say (but see later post) ????

If you don’t mind being only forgeiner, then thonglor-ekkamai has many good bars & clubs a lot of normal thai people go to. In fact me and a few friends used to pick up girls numbers at bars there sometimes. 

soi11 in my opinion is kinda dead nowadays. Even levels and Oskar is full of freelancer girls these days sadly. 

Edited by Drax

Go a little further to Soi Cowboy and if it's after 4pm you will find some places to drink your beer.

And if it's later then you get some more entertainment.

Or go into Soi 4, Nana. You should be able to find something according to your taste.

Obviously this depends very much on the time of the day. If you fancy a beer at 2pm then maybe the room service is your best bet. ???? 

4. Soi 7/1 - simply ghastly, the whole lot!

hmmm That's my go to spot ahahaaa, There's an Irish Pub all the way down on the right. This is the Soi the movie "Hangover" filmed the riot scene.

• Like 1

Thanks everyone - all really helpful comments actually. I realise that it is a bar and not a pub and that I am probably in the wrong country. Also...never disclose on TV that you fancy an afternoon beer!

Nana is in the headline because Nana BTS is parked between Soi 7 and Soi 11 which were the main areas of my focus. Could hardly call it Siam, could I? ????

• Like 1

2 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

4. Soi 7/1 - simply ghastly, the whole lot!

hmmm That's my go to spot ahahaaa, There's an Irish Pub all the way down on the right. This is the Soi the movie "Hangover" filmed the riot scene.

Ooops sorry!

21 hours ago, AllThaiedUp said:

I once wasted 6 months in Bangkok right around the same area. Found it boring as all hell and couldn't wait to leave. 

Find a good woman and travel around.

He can't find a decent boozer - what chance he'll find a good woman around Nana! ????

• Like 1

IMO you have to start your own little party and make it pleasant in that area during day time nowadays. Things are simply not what they used to be.
Many of the nice places are gone, many of the girls have gotten fat and prices are extremely high.

Used to be fun everywhere though, could never get enough of it 4-5 years ago.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Like 1

I think you’re too choosy. If you go down to Nana there are plenty of bars there that are buzzing a little bit at that time of the day. Stop have one and if you don’t like it move on. Bottom of the barrel go to 7/11 get a cool one from their fridge section and drink it on their steps....simples.

• Like 1

On 3/5/2020 at 3:54 PM, Rod the Sod said:
On 3/5/2020 at 3:49 PM, NCC1701A said:

Yes which is now an Irish Pub. Good idea. Maybe I will head that way and get some exercise to boot. Cheers

A very decent place, with free food on one evening of the week if you're a bit quick. Take a look at their website.

23 hours ago, Drax said:

If you don’t mind being only forgeiner, then thonglor-ekkamai has many good bars & clubs a lot of normal thai people go to. In fact me and a few friends used to pick up girls numbers at bars there sometimes. 

soi11 in my opinion is kinda dead nowadays. Even levels and Oskar is full of freelancer girls these days sadly. 

Picking up girls phonenumbers at thonglor but complaining about freelancers in levels and Oskar ???