Past ao manao

Joromei

Hi all just wondering if anyone has suggestions regarding places to visit south of ao manao. Not into staying at fancy hotels, you don't get to see much doing that. And besides I have been in Thailand a long time and are totally over the big hotel thing. Looking for a new spot a bit south of ao manao that isn't full of tourists preferably on the beach. Be great if anyone has any ideas.  Thanks in advance  guys. 

27 minutes ago, Joromei said:

ao manao

I have been on a beach area recently 2 km north of Prachuap Khiri Khan ao manao is a little more south.

All along that coast line there were few tourists and many G/H's which always have bungalow terrence type rooms available the ones we looked at ranged from 250 to 500 per day. 

• Thanks 2

Not sure how much further south you mean, I really like the Bansaithong Beach Resort in Ban Saphan Noi. On beach, no road in front, which makes me like it more than other places further north. Stayed there several times when driving down or up. Good spot as a base to poke around the area or just walk along the beach.

• Like 1

I have stayed at Khoa Kalok beach in Pranburi a couple of times.  Nice beach, not very crowed, and hardly any trash on the beach.  I stayed at Beauty Beach resort there nice except the beds are too hard for my liking.  But there are lots to chose from right on the beach, no road to cross.  

Depends on how far South you want to travel but I recommend Songkhla town. This is not Hat Yai. Good hotels drinking holes and an Irish bar/restaurant Buzzstop s great place run by an Irishman with a great sense of humour. If you happen to be there on 14 March he will celebrate  St Patrick's day. Usually he provides the food and you pay only for the drinks. The best place in town to find out just what's happening.

And if you like swimming the main town beach Semila Beach is beautiful for swimming and virtually free of swimmers. But safe. The Songkhla Zoo is also worth a visit along with the large display of animals and it has a great swimming pool complex. Hat Yai, 35 km from Songkhla town is a big metropolis and has many interesting places to visit as it relies on many tourists that visit there from Malaysia. Sadao a border town 75 km from Songkhla can be an exciting town that many foreign travellers like to visit especially for the variety of Asean ladies that reside there before returning to Malaysia to work for 3 months.  Bon voyage

• Like 1

I'm 6kms south of Bang Saphan on Suan Luang beach and you can rent rudimentary bungalows on the beach at Dangs daily or for 6,000 baht/month and other beach bungalows on offer such us Love at Sea and Ploys. There's a couple of hotels In the 1,000baht range, a couple of beach bars, 3 or 4 restaurants and not much else. Banks/markets/bus/train in town.

Also look at Ban Krut 20kms north but it's mighty quite outside the weekends.